MX518 problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I'm not sure whether this should go in the software or hardware section, so I'll put it here and mods can move it if they see fit... Anyway, it seems that in games my MX518's mouse4 and mouse5 buttons aren't working. I've tried to assign them keys, but they show up as mouse3 (the scroll wheel click button). I'm stumped here, because the thumb buttons work in regular applications. The games I've tried it in are: FEAR, Crysis, and CSS. None of them will recognize them as being separate buttons. I've updated to the most recent SetPoint software, and assigned the thumb buttons as "Generic button" because I saw somewhere in Logitech FAQ that may help. I've also tried disabling "Keep keypress button assignments" and "Keep other button assignments" under the game settings... I've also tried adding the game's EXE's under the Recognized Games section...any ideas on what could be going on?

Ok, well I managed to get them working by installing UberOptions mod for SetPoint (some of the crappiest software I've ever used >.<). Have to manually add each game I want the mouse4 and mouse5 in the program, and assign them the keyboard keys to those buttons...not quite what I expected, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom