Amd or Pentium

What is your favorite Alien Vs. Predator Game?

• Alien Vs. Predator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien Vs. Predator 2

• Alien Vs. Predator: Extinction

• I Haven't play any of the alien Vs. Predator Games

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the 10,000RPM drive is faster in seek time and transfer speed; I would reccomend it for your OS and a few games, then the 160GB (slower but larger) for your misc files

I cant wait till I get this stuff!!!
I have ordered the AMD athlon 64-fx (socket 939), the ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard, corsair xms pc3200 (512mbX2) ram, and the 600w psu... still deciding on the videocard (and the availability) .. and the harddrive config... hmmm I think since I have a lot of games I might a WD raptor 74GB 10,000 rpm SATA hardrive.. its only $185... then get a cheaper 7,200 rpm harddrive that will store games not requiring such high speed processing, like counter-strike... hmmm yesss thats what I will do...

Will you be building this computer or getting it from an online computer store if so which one? Oh Raven what will your occupation be in the Air Force.

Corsair's PC3200XL RAM has the lowest latencies (time it takes to respond) you can get, it actually outperformed Corsair's own PC4200 RAM

I reccomend the Radeon X800 XT over the 6800, the X800 performs better with the higher settings in games; the 6800 performs better with them off, but you'll want to have them on

Building myself... I dont like DELL or Gateway and such... and Alienware is about $1,000 more than building it myself.

USAF >>> aerospace physicologist

hmmm interesting... Videocards are annoying... I will obviously want all the graphics up... and play at a 1078 resolution normally.

you'll want to play at at least 1024x768
you can get 1280x1024, 1600x1200 and even 2048x1536 (the last one only on 21" monitors)
ATM my TNT2 struggles to get 30fps at 640x480, I badly want to upgrade

I get about 45-60 fps on FarCry single player mod when graphics are on low.. with my crap computer... Pentium Celeron baby!! ahahahah.. seriously never get that

you can get 1280x1024, 1600x1200 and even 2048x1536 (the last one only on 21" monitors)

If you are going to post something here, make sure that you know what you are talking about. ;)

http://www.lg.ca/computer/list.asp?sc=7
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/crtmonitors/proseries/p95fplusb/

they are the two that i know of without having to research.

If you are going to have such a good computer, why use such low resolutions? I find that in games i can play on high resolutions i play better because everything is much more precise. :)
with your new computer, i dont that there is any game at the moment, that you wont be able to run on highest detail and 2048x1536 resolution where the framerate would dip below 60 ;) so if u can run it on resolutions like that, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom