Black spots on new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdude425

Member (again)
So, I got this new laptop two months ago, and there are already small black spots on the left and right sides of the trackpad where I've been typing. I've tried alcohol and car shine wipes to get these stains off, and both helped a bit, but not terribly much. What can I use to completely get rid of them, or at least dull them down a good bit?

TIA.

hehe, sounds like oil or something from your palm base or something. After all, that trackpad is some sort of aluminum right? Car shine wipes? hehehe ..... hmmm, what about somesort of degrease fluid?

I'd think maybe some sort of degrease fluid as well. Don't have a recommendation, though. Alchohol wipes, lcd screen cleaner, and Goo Gone usually get rid of whatever marks I encounter.

That may be too strong. That like SUPER alcohol.

hehe, fair enough. Actually we are on the right track. I linked some contnt in this thread to google and found common instances of people suggesting the "Mr Clean Eraser"

Don't know what the heck this is and have never used it but it seems harmless. For like kids drawing on walls with crayons .... which are also oil based. Try it out :)

I've used those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to clean off old monitors, keyboards, cords, PC cases, and a whole bunch of other stuff...they work amazingly well for just being a sponge thing with water in it.

I've never used anything on my laptop though, except I used eyeglass cleaner with a fine cloth to get smudges off the LCD, but my laptop's black so it covers up most of the spots...plus it doesn't have a touchpad (which is good, I hate touchpads, trackpoint mice rule).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom