x1 link width, instead of x16

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is the oldest bios on the asus site that one user posted solved the problem. apparently there is a bug in later bioses that causes the x1 error.

bios 0509 according to the last post in the thread you linked , fixed it.

BIOS 0509, is the last resort to fixing the x1 link width problem.

I have FINALLY Fixed the problem; I need these exact settings:

PCIE - 101
NB - 1.45v
SB - 1.5v
FSB Terminal - 1.3v

If I raise the PCIE above or below 101, I will get the x1 link width, it has to be at 101! But I'll wait a week before I say the problem is solved for sure.

Thanx to all the reply'ers for putting effort into helping me solve this problem; I spent 3 weeks reading and did countless numbers of trial and error tests; and Finally (Hopefully), My computer will run perfectly now. :)

thats totally bizarre.....id try the bios fix, but if not, congratulations...i bet that was a frustrating deal.

it bugged the **** out of me when I had my p5b too....I didn't really know what to say in this thread because it seems like every solution is different.

it bugged the **** out of me when I had my p5b too....I didn't really know what to say in this thread because it seems like every solution is different.

Yea, it seems like the solution is different for many people with the P5B Deluxe. But I've booted up 4 times with x16 now, so I believe my problem is fixed.

This was incredibly frustrating; but I'm so glad there was a solution to my problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom