What is a 1:1 overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can loosen the timings as krazyq said or lower the ram speed to the next lowest setting...
whats your cpu voltage and why dont you use the unlocked multiplier instead of raising the clock speed? much easier and takes much less voltage. i can almost assure you that you can get 200 x 16 = 3.2ghz at stock voltage...and your ram will run at 800mhz on ther money. over 3.2 may require a bit of juice. does that mobo give you 1/2 multiplier?
ouch 3.5 ghz i dont see that happening without h2o...maybe not even then... but anything is possible.

you can loosen the timings as krazyq said or lower the ram speed to the next lowest setting...
whats your cpu voltage and why dont you use the unlocked multiplier instead of raising the clock speed? much easier and takes much less voltage. i can almost assure you that you can get 200 x 16 = 3.2ghz at stock voltage...and your ram will run at 800mhz on ther money. over 3.2 may require a bit of juice. does that mobo give you 1/2 multiplier?
ouch 3.5 ghz i dont see that happening without h2o...maybe not even then... but anything is possible.

i guess i could lower the FSB a bit n use the multiplier, i was just testing things out because im still fairly new to OCing is all.

ill try again later tonight, but right now i need to do homework. My voltage is 1.35v.

yeah i was just asking...but, the way you are doing it is good, you can find out how high your mobo allows the clock and then use the multiplier to find the best balance (ie a high clock with lower multi is ideal, but it will take more voltage than a low clock with a high multi).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom