Graphics upgradedGraphical glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaolinDreams

In Runtime
Hi All,

Well.. My mate seems to have a problem with his graphics card upgrade. He gets some weird graphicals glitches which are in the pics below. It only happens with some games like BF2 and CoD2.. other games like, jedi academy, medal of honor, F1 work ok.

Ok.. His PC is about 5 years old and was needing a little boost for gaming so best solution was to get a cheap graphics card. Which was a 7600-GS 256mb AGP Inno3D Graphic Card Nvidia Geforce 7600GS Extreme HD PC Gaming replacing his 9200-SE 128mb AGP. He did purchase a 7300GT just before aswell with same graphic glitches!..

The rest of his specs are as follows

CPU - socket 478 - Intel Northwood 2.8ghz -533FSB

MSI MS-6533 - 400FSB - x4 agpMS-6533GL (MS-6533)

2x 1gb DDR PC3200 RAM
250w FSP power supply

Does the glitches look familar to anyone or can you see some hardware problem? I think it could be because his older 9200 card was ati theres is some conflict in xp as new card is nvidia. I asked him to format asap so we can get the answer if its a software or hardware problem. If its not that then i think it possibly the motherboard is way past its sell by date. Ill let you know what happens after format but if you got any ideas please post :eek:

any help would be appreciated. :)

My guess would be that the PSU is not powerful enough or the cards are overheating due to poor airflow within the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom