NVDA Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
Anyone here in the stock market?

Bought about 300 shares of Nvidia in December and all it has done is drop since then. This is ridiculous. Coming off of "Company of the Year" in Forbes, squashing the competition, and record quarterly profits should not equal this decline.

Anyone know what the deal is?

The last couple of months have been bad for a whole lot of stocks...not just Nvidia

I know very little about stock but I would imagine all the hype they were getting drove prices up. So you bought high, your suppose to buy low.

well they havent done much lately to improve stock, the company's performence will also afffect stock price's. you would have gained more by buying before the release of the g92. and you bought afterwards, where the stock was probably high.

All stocks have pretty much dropped. The stock market has dropped a lot lately. All the home loans people are defaulting on now are hurting the market bad. Banks are being hit. Inflation is on the rise. Oil hit an all time high of over $100 a barrel, gas over $3.00 a gallon. The country is in a recession. Gold at an all time high of over $900 an ounce. GM/Ford/Chrysler all losing billions. I could go on all day, the signs are every where. The market sux right now. Do some research, learn the market and economy. Don't worry about losing $ now. It will eventually come back. It may take a year or 2 or maybe just months. You never really know since the stock market is kinda like gambling. I have lost over $5,000 in the last 1.5 months, but I am not worried. Hold on to your stock and let it ride. You have to be in it for the long haul, not to make a quick buck.

Learn how the stock market works before investing.

Wow you are great help. Since I apparently know nothing, with 2 members of my family as millionaire investment advisors.....why don't you lead me down the path to riches.

I didn't buy at a high price. Until just now, experts have had NVDA graded as a buy stock. It is now a hold, which caused the huge decline today, almost 10% down.

NVDA has been steadily growing since 2004, it was in the mid 30's for a majority of 2007. The 8800GTs exploded and did well, and record profits are on the books and expected next year also. Competition is being beat to a pulp recently.

I was wondering if something happened that I didn't know of, if you aren't going to help I would appreciate no comment instead of a negative one.

All stocks have pretty much dropped. The stock market has dropped a lot lately. All the home loans people are defaulting on now are hurting the market bad. Banks are being hit. Inflation is on the rise. Oil hit an all time high of over $100 a barrel, gas over $3.00 a gallon. The country is in a recession. Gold at an all time high of over $900 an ounce. GM/Ford/Chrysler all losing billions. I could go on all day, the signs are every where. The market sux right now. Do some research, learn the market and economy. Don't worry about losing $ now. It will eventually come back. It may take a year or 2 or maybe just months. You never really know since the stock market is kinda like gambling. I have lost over $5,000 in the last 1.5 months, but I am not worried. Hold on to your stock and let it ride. You have to be in it for the long haul, not to make a quick buck.

Yeah I agree 100%. I also am not worried about that particular stock. In the long run it will make up for it. It would be stupid to sell on a panic button. The country may or may not enter a recession, I am not sure we are in one quite yet.

I'm pretty sure your millionaire relatives give you some help ;)

I wish. They are busy with their new houses on the beaches of North Carolina and suburbs of Dallas.

I'm doing fine, I would just rather the market do better. It is really erratic right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom