Nvidia VS ATI

Do you understand, or are you concerned about Global Warming?

• (10-35 yrs) Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (10-35 yrs) No

• (35+ yrs) Yes

• (35+ yrs) No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravin

Baseband Member
this is the hardest decision ever about computers...
okay building a new computer...
I was going to get the ATI X800 XT but I am still uncertain...

>>>Which is better ATI X800 XT or Nvidia 6800<<<

i've always gone with ATI, but i'm going to have to go with the 6800 on this one. i have the extra PCI slot and a big power supply.

Hehe, everything is on 1...at least now. I love my GT way better performance than the ultra is at it's stock speed. Except mine is way overclocked...

I think they're all very good cards, but I personally like the X800 XT's
the 6800 performs better in most cases, except when the settings for games are all up high, and using these cards you'd want the settings to be up high anyway

This 6800 ultra Nvidia really put a lots of effort on it. A good n new design.

Okay running full options on FarCry... which videocard would be best?
My current system config:

AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 (socket 939)
1 GB ram
600 watt power supply

okay what is this pixel shader... I have heard it all over the place when trying to compair these two videocards. Nvidia 6800 has it i know this. And does it really make that big of a diff... I know the ATI has a better clock speed... hmmm... lets have a look at that link flash_aaa put up there...

The graphics will be wicked with Pixel Shader 3.0. Just compare FarCry screenshots with and without it enabled. Its amazing! The ATI X800 scores better in the benchmarks however. What it comes down to is what do you want? Do you want faster framerate or better quality. ATI cards offer faster framerate at the expense of some image quality. NVidia cards offer better image quality including PS3.0. With so much more to render, its logical that the framerate of an nvidia card would not be as high as its ATI opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom