Microsoft Releases Vista's SP1 RC to Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
It looks like Microsoft has decided to allow the general public to download the source code of the latest Release Candidate of Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Do with the knowledge what you will, but after reading this, I am a little hesitant to install this Service Pack just yet.
On the Microsoft Downloads site, the company notes that “systems running on Windows Vista RTM typically require two or three updates before SP1 can be installed. These updates are permanent on your Windows Vista systems.”

Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d69e-4c73-9213-7a7f3852c0ca&displaylang=en&tm

Microsoft Releases Vista's SP1 RC to Public - www.Tech-Dump.com

Thats no surprise from the programmers from India....

No speed improvement at all....so much for promises from M$.
1% is not an improvement by the way.

Assisted support (phone, email and online chat) is not available from Microsoft Help and Support for this RC release of Windows Vista SP1. Self-help and peer support is available through the Windows Vista SP1 forum.

doesn't this sound oddly like M$ is not taking responsibility for inconsistancies and/or failures?

doesn't this sound oddly like M$ is not taking responsibility for inconsistancies and/or failures?

Let's be fair. No one in the world offers official support for a release candidate. Even in the Linux world, official support isn't offered for RC's; you have to get help from support forums just like MS is saying here. I've tested plenty of Ubuntu betas and release candidates, and they never offer official support until the final release. It's all in the forums.

It is a BETA. No support is offered for Betas. That is why ther is always a warning.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Why give support for something they tell you can potentially harm your system.

it's intended for knowledgeable and capable folks...
but people who don't know much will still download...be left clueless and say...welp, I'm a genius...can't get it to work...MS/Vista sucks.

:D

it's intended for knowledgeable and capable folks...
but people who don't know much will still download...be left clueless and say...welp, I'm a genius...can't get it to work...MS/Vista sucks.

or it can also happen that a lot of knowledgeable ppl download it and also think... im a genious.... still cant get it to work... MS/Vista really sucks! :happy:

Note: Using Vista in this pc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom