tsk tsk intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
h'm and AMD fanboy but thats just ridiculous. The Core 2 duo was a success because it was created by Intel, and the consumer decided that it was a better buy. It's no ones fault but Amd's, they had the lead for a while they should have used their time more constructively.

lol this is interesting, but honestly I highly doubt that anything will result from this.

h'm and AMD fanboy but thats just ridiculous. The Core 2 duo was a success because it was created by Intel, and the consumer decided that it was a better buy. It's no ones fault but Amd's, they had the lead for a while they should have used their time more constructively.

This is the way competing businesses are, companies pull ahead and fall behind...we'll see how AMD are doing Q2-Q3 this year.

my sig is like how it is because I have a healthy mindset...no fanboy-itis at all! though I will freely supported much of MS and Windows/Vista :D

I buy whatever is good for me at the time...but I think my next build will be Intel/Nvidia.

But, in this modern age, anti-trust isn't as bad as many think. It only exists and is considered bad when a dominant company practices normal capitalism.

This is just an example, of one provider giving incentives, in the form of discounts, supply, contracts, in return for favoring their product. This is a normal practice and not illegal. Just like a software company will buy space to advertise their game in the store window, or set up an end cap in the store. It's the same thing. But it's only bad when the dominant company does it.

AMD chief has said it, and I wonder how the rest of you view it...but if he's said their focus is no longer on developing the fastest cpus/gpus...there's really no point now. I am just curious to really see what their lineup is mid 08.

Well for starters Intel and AMD used to be partners for awhile acting almost as one company. As for dirty deeds, AMD started its first processor line by reverse engineering the Intel 8080 Micro processor (a widely known fact).
after they were cut off by Intel.

The only way AMD could exist was by reverse-engineering the processors, so that they could actually make X86 compatible chips of their own.
This is just an example, of one provider giving incentives, in the form of discounts, supply, contracts, in return for favoring their product. This is a normal practice and not illegal.
It is when the whole reason those incentives exist, is to shut-out the competition.

people always say "fanboy this" and "fanboy that"...and i was giving a glimpse to those folks that there actually are reasons for product/company loyalty other than blind allegiance and/or stupidity. :eek:

Intel has done every dirty deed in the book, theft of technology, bribing and numerous other things it's great to see them finally facing the hammer..

lol sylus nagasama was trying to prove a point and you ruined it

lol intel will get slaped with nothing even if they did do what they are claiming the goverment needs intel they have military deals with intel why would they risk our military?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom