Win XP Setup Boot Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
How do I go about this. Installing Win XP via Setup boot disk. I know I insert the floppy and let it read it and then keep switching floppies unitl all olf them are read but is there any more that I have to do. I know that its then going to allow me to install from CD. But what else is there to it, that I am missing?

No you are right. YHou have to go thru the floppies first. Then it should allow you to insert the CD to install from. Actually the CD should be in the drive already after the floppies do what they have to you should just have to change the directory and start the install.

So I should put the CD in around the same time I put in the first floppy? And how would I change the directory and to what exactly?

You can put the CD in at any time. To change the directory use the change directory command at the DOS Prompt. It will have to be changed to the drive letter of the CD ROM drive containing the XP CD.

I put the floppy in my desktop just to try it out, and when it boots up it checks for cd boot and find nothing then it checks for floppy boot and finds the first floppy. It says ok and then it says "Disk I/O Error". What does this error mean?

Im going to recreate the disks and see if it work, at least to get me to the point where it asks for the cd. You know I want to make sure I know exactly what I need to do before I go to the system and get stuck somewhere, like once XP starts the install then I'm good I know what I'm doing.
The only thing is with my computer it doesnt say to try again push the any key, it just stops there.

I recreated the disk and tried it again on my computer but still got the same error. I`m going to try it on the other computer and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom