this wont cause somethin bad..will it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePCmaN

In Runtime
if i replace my motherboard, CPU, CPU Fan+Heatsinnk, and RAM... but keep the harddrive, floppy/CD drive, video card... it wont cause somethin weird will it... it should just load up like normal.. but be alot faster, since im upgradin to K8V Deluxe Socket 754 Motherboard and a AMD Athlon 64 3400+ CPU, and start with 1GB PC3200 RAM (then later buy another stick of 1GB PC3200)... i shouldnt have to like d/l drivers or worry about anything will it.. i can just build it and start it up like normal cant i??

XP has problems with certain MBD and requires chipset drivers. Not often, and it usually does a good job intergrating, but it can happen.

so i might need like a CD to get it to work... what would the CD be ?
... a lil confused!

I've heard that if there are too many things that change at once, you have to reactivate XP. Macro$haft doesn't want you activating a copy, then ghosting it to multiple other computers.

hilowe said:
I've heard that if there are too many things that change at once, you have to reactivate XP. Macro$haft doesn't want you activating a copy, then ghosting it to multiple other computers.

Yup I had to reactivate it after i changed the .inf file through msconfig.

well.. now im really confused!!! maybe i shouldnt have posted this thread!! so if i put in a new motherboard, CPU, and RAM... ill have to format my harddrive and reinstall my OS n shit ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom