x1 link width, instead of x16

Status
Not open for further replies.
just set the NB/SB/FSB Terminal stock voltages to the lowest option available

EDIT

are you using the NB/SB/FSB Terminal stock voltages for your overclock? aka does it make a difference to your overclock if you lower the NB/SB/FSB Terminal stock voltages

My NB/SB/FSB Terminal are all on AUTO right now, as I don't know enough about them to start messing with them......... I've been reading on others who have the same problem and with the same board as me, and they set these values to:

FSB Terminal - 1.3
NB Vcore - 1.45
SB Vcore - 1.5

Are these values ok to run everyday?

pci e- bus freq can lead to harddrive corruption if set to high ( i honestly have no idea why this is), 105 is a nice number to set it at (allows more/stable oc) yet still within the safe zone

I know at 109-110, my computer starts getting problems restarting........ and realized at 100-105, it runs perfectly......... EXCEPT for this **** x1 problem, lol

mate are you listerning? if u want your graphics card bakk at x16 your goin to hav to lower it back to the lowest setting which is the stock setting duhh i said that before then if ur system is unstable u raise it up until its stable but dosnt brin your graphics card back to x1. im only 14 and i am telling you what to do

EDIT
and you use google next time

mate are you listerning? if u want your graphics card bakk at x16 your goin to hav to lower it back to the lowest setting which is the stock setting duhh i said that before then if ur system is unstable u raise it up until its stable but dosnt brin your graphics card back to x1. im only 14 and i am telling you what to do

EDIT
and you use google next time

Your coming off a little offense there kid. And I tried your method last night, and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

I did HOURS of googling on this subject.

do you have a setting in your bios that locks the pcie bus?
or maybe try putting it to auto.
really an odd problem...
do you have it in the slot closest to your cpu?
have you updated the bios?
have you re-set cmos?

do you have a setting in your bios that locks the pcie bus?
or maybe try putting it to auto.
really an odd problem...
do you have it in the slot closest to your cpu?
have you updated the bios?
have you re-set cmos?

I do not have an option in my bios to change it from x1 to x16; I have it in the slot closes to the CPU (Primary Slot).......... I've spent hours (5+) reading on this issue from googling links of people with similar problems. I've basically tried everything............
I thought it was my NB Voltage; as that helped some people get back their x16 at startup........ but I set it to 1.45v like they did, and it doesn't work for me...........
I just really hate having to startup; restart; go into BIOS and change my PCIE frequency up/down a notch; and then restart again......... and sometimes even when I change my PCIE Frequency up/down a notch, it still doesn't give me x16 (sometimes x2, x4, or even still x1)........... This has been extremely frustrating.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom