HD serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickademus

Baseband Member
I recently got a position as an admin on a site. They asked me for my hd serial, did they mean hard drive serial? They said this was because of their security, should I give it them? I do trust them but what can people do with it, and why would they need it, someone explain please.

Hello,

I'm not quite sure what is meant by a hard drive serial. There's not really such a thing, apart from a general serial number which may be assigned to a device by the manufacturer, but only for product identification purposes which would otherwise be of no use to the end user.

I really don't see why they'd need your hard drive serial number...go ahead and give it to 'em if you want, lol... not really much point in them having it (what kind of security reasons would they need? lol)

I recently got a position as an admin on a site. They asked me for my hd serial, did they mean hard drive serial? They said this was because of their security, should I give it them? I do trust them but what can people do with it, and why would they need it, someone explain please.

Its because I have a program installed off their website "anti cheat" thats why they need it, because that reads it. Thus making it so my account is very hard to hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom