First Build!!! Advice wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8800GTS 640 stock was around 120 watts max load if i remember correctly while the 8800GT actually runs less watts so i'm not exactly sure but I would imagine an 8800GT 512 overclock to 700 on the core you would be taking about 160 watts off the 12's.

Just got the last of my parts last night. Should be here Fri. or Sat. Here is the final list:

Antec 900
Gigabyte P35-DS3R rev. 2
Intel Q6600 GO Stepping 2.4GHz CPU
Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 800 (sold out of the tracers last night, 5 min before I ordered)
Corsair 550VX PSU
Tuniq Tower-120 HSF
Seagate Barracuda 320GB HDD
Samsung 20x DVD-RW
Windows XP Professional

Looks good man, I ordered 4 GB of the tracers sunday night! and a coolermaster stacker 830, $160 - $60 rebate = $100 for the case. I was going to get the 900 when they had the rebate deal on that but I missed it.

I'm still trying to decide on the other parts of my system! but they will all be ordered by friday, except for maybe the monitor, and speakers.

I think there's clearance issues between the 900's sidefan and the Tuniq, but I think I heard someone say something about moving the fan to the outside of the door??

I heard about the clearance issue with the Tuniq also. But I also heard that the case doesn't come with a side pannel fan, and that is just as a place to put one. Either way, there's a way to make it work. Tons of people have the same setup. You should have waited for the rebate on the 900. I bought it last night for $79.99 after rebate on newegg.

ahh, yeah they had the same rebate at the start of the month, but then it ended. Looks like they started it back up again... oh well i think I will like the stacker since it'sa full tower, and has 4, 120mm side fans! I'm gonna pack 4 110cfm fans in that bad boy it's gonna be like a tornado! If I get the Tuniq I can only fit 3 though... still undecided about HSF...

that's a lot of fan. hope that isn't too loud. Now I just have to figure out how to get this thing to run. I've never done a build from scratch before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom