Are you taking the **** apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apples may be expensive but the exclusivity you get with a pro is pretty cool. I dont think anyone in my block has a pro. But in any case an apple would be worthless for gaming or toying around with wire management/case mods.

That big box pc is ugly. Apples may be over priced, but for one they aren't ugly.

The sad part is that apple has convinced people like video editors that they need 8 core machines with 32gbs of ram.

Avid, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, they run fine on any core 2 with 2gbs of ram and a few 500gb hard drive in a raid 5. I could build an ultimate video editting pc for $1000 EASY.

The only media people who need 8 core machines with 32gbs of ram are the people producing Shrek and Transformers. Your average film studio could easily use any average PC built to the right specs with the right considerations.

Of course they do that, Brinson. They can't advertise gaming like any PC hardware company can, so they try to make it seem that "PC's are for business spreadsheets and Macs are for fun stuff like video editing!" Then why are Adobe products (PhotoShop, Premiere, etc), some of the most popular graphics/editing programs out there, available for PC's as well? Lol... They try to make it seem like Windows can't do all the things that Mac can...but it CAN. Only difference is that Mac has them built-in the OS, whereas Windows you'd just have to find the program...

Wow.. your complaining about the price? Its a PRO machine, studios need this type of thing, it's the best of the best... You don't expect studios to sit around and order parts off of newegg to save some money do you? Its built beautifully, look at that thing.

Plus.... It has leopard, firewire 800 and I've toyed with one at the store... it looks like it could get hit by a train and live to boot another day.

Besides, 32GB of ram is expensive... a motherboard that can SUPPORT 32gb of ram is expensive.

I Know a few guys who have some pretty nice setups, and they both had custom built machines made, instead of apple machines. I myself have a home studio, and would not use a piece of crap apple. 32gb is expensive, but apple makes it more expensive. The board may be expensive, but apple again overprices stuff.

lol $500 for 4gb of RAM, $600 for a 23'', $50 for a modem :0, $800 RAID card,

im ashamed live in a house with one of these :0

wow, people buy $10,000+ pcs all the time, i remember when the FX-62 and Crossfire x1950XTX's was the highest of the highest. People pay $200+ for a keyboard and mouse with "gaming features" and pay $200+ for a pc case that is 5 degrees cooler than a generic case. Its nothing special, if you can pay premium then they pay as much as they want. Macs are most known for their easy access for people who don't know crap about computers. This is good for those billionares that can't open a door for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom