Vista or XP .. Vista or XP ...hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
even with vista I would go 64bit, but I'm lazy. We should all be going 64bit, but it's because of consumers like krayzq that not all the companies fully embrace it.

Consumers like that keep us lagging in the dark ages too long...JOKING! hehe

I've never put xp on my machine, and all I can tell you is it's fast and flawless. Some things I don't like, but I get around it just by using alternative software, it's why they exists. Not everything is perfect for everybody.

I'm not too sure about eh Bill Gates and Vista thing, but during this work day of mine...how bout giving me a link so I can see for myself? :D

In 50 years time, when we are on 512bit cpus, we may just be into fully embracing 64bit software...there will be 128bit os/apps, but people will not want to move onto it. lol

why not 64-bit?
It's just as stable as 32-bit. And there are plenty of drivers for it.

64-bit code is also faster than 32-bit code. And you can run 4GB or more of RAM.

Though I've heard Vista 64 actually has problems with having exactly 4GB RAM.
well i had vista ult 64 and some stuff i had to find alt methods to go around the driver signing...which is not worth it to me. Sure it can use 4gb,but for my uses, i dont see the need.
And a lot of applications dont even have 64bit..one other thing was that adobe flash player doesnt work with 64 bit...which is wierd and i dont understand why.

even with vista I would go 64bit, but I'm lazy. We should all be going 64bit, but it's because of consumers like krayzq that not all the companies fully embrace it.

Consumers like that keep us lagging in the dark ages too long...JOKING! hehe

I've never put xp on my machine, and all I can tell you is it's fast and flawless. Some things I don't like, but I get around it just by using alternative software, it's why they exists. Not everything is perfect for everybody.

I'm not too sure about eh Bill Gates and Vista thing, but during this work day of mine...how bout giving me a link so I can see for myself? :D

In 50 years time, when we are on 512bit cpus, we may just be into fully embracing 64bit software...there will be 128bit os/apps, but people will not want to move onto it. lol

the bill gates video is somewhere on this forum...
well i found a link on theis forum that linked me to it, and he didnt exactly say "vista sucks", he said it indirectly.

as i said, i dont care if ppl go vista or 64bit...im just giving my opinion, thats all...

well i had vista ult 64 and some stuff i had to find alt methods to go around the driver signing...which is not worth it to me. Sure it can use 4gb,but for my uses, i dont see the need.
Yeah, but this is XP x64, not Vista 64. XP x64 does not need signed drivers.

And a lot of applications dont even have 64bit..
yeah, but the ones that do tend to be faster.

one other thing was that adobe flash player doesnt work with 64 bit...which is wierd and i dont understand why.
yes it does.

well maybe its vistaq 64bit taht suckd then...cos flash player didnt work in IE 64 bit.
I guess i couldnt gone with xp 64bit, but o well.

Drum Roll......

........ aannddd I have Chosen Vista Ultimate!!!

A big thanks to all who have replied :love:

dx10 officially is only for Vista. Mention of dx10 hacks for xp abound, but I am one who believes that will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom