*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Meh, i'm just going to stick with my q6600 for now. Its definately not a bottleneck in anything i do, and i tend to always have 3-4 or more programs running at any given time, so the extra cores helps me.

I'm looking at the e8400... My e6750 performs quite well, and the e8400 is cheaper/a better performer than my e6750 is... I'll just have to do a BIOS upgrade, and I'm good =).

I'm not upgrading anytime soon either. The 45 nm chips are really nice and the process to make them is really cool but I just don't wanna spend the money upgrading something that is already good. Not yet anyways.

Ok, futuremark is REALLY irritating me..... I just noticed that I was running 7.11 Catalyst drivers.... (already downloaded & installed 7.12, but I guess it didn't work).... SO.... I got 7.12 AGIAIN, un-installed 7.11, rebooted in safe mode, ran driver cleaner, rebooted, installed 7.12. I CONFRIMED I am running with 7.12, but Futurmark ABSOLUTLY INSISTS that my drivers are NOT Futuremark verified or whatever, but when I click the link for APPROVED drivers, sure enough, 7.12 is right there..... WHAT GIVES?!?

I have to revert this thread back to the suicide bench runs and I haven't been on for a while so bear with me. I agree with you 110% Ste. You can't count a benchmark unless you are running your clocks at stable speeds. I said this in a thread a while back and got crucified (so to speak). You don't see hardware testers showing suicide benches because they are meaningless. All-in-all it comes down to what you consider stable, but there are standards set out there and that is what counts as far as I'm concerned. I consider DYI-Streets standards to be a pretty good basis for stability.

It's depressing...I'm not on in a few weeks and come back to see I've dropped from 3rd to 5th :( There are some impressive scores going on.

i love my q6600, im just gonna wait till my board literally dies off, like i did last time, and il get a high end 45 nm based chip in maybe like a year or something, theyl be dirt cheap. my 4000+ lasted me 2 years and duel core had just come out, i dont see why a quad core which is above the standard wont last me just as long.

I've tried to break 20K now but it just isn't happening. I'm stuck at 19007 but well try more this weekend.

Heres me:

11219 | darksideleader | e6550 @ 3.7GHz | HD3850 512MB @ 800/925 | Vista 32bit Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

Updated.

But please, next time....

b1gapl said:
Let me clarify the instructions for posting your scores, for future reference.

Blue = Intel - [*COLOR=blue]
Sea Green = Nvidia - [*COLOR=SeaGreen]
Red = ATI - [*COLOR=red]
Dark Green = AMD - [*COLOR=DarkGreen]

Please put a comma mark:
15056 should be 15,056

Please add the appropriate color tags, to both the processor and graphic card:
[*COLOR=blue]Q6600 @ 3.51GHz[/COLOR*]
[*COLOR=SeaGreen]8800GT 512MB @ 720/1050[/COLOR*]

For the GeForce 8 series. You do not need to put the "MB" at the end of the number. Most, if not all the techies involved in this thread should know that the graphic card has "X" amount of megabytes. And please state the number next to the card's name. Whether it be 8800GT 256 or 8800GT 512, not just the card name itself.

No need to worry on putting the [*B][/B*] tags. It's already taken care of.

I ask this next time you post the scores, so it's easier for the mods to add in.

Thanks

b1gapl

Should be like this:
11,219 | darksideleader | [*COLOR=blue]E6550 @ 3.7GHz[/COLOR*] | [*COLOR=red]HD3850 512 @ 800/925[/COLOR*] | Vista 32bit [*URL=http://service.futuremark.com/orb/resultanalyzer.jsp?projectType=14&XLID=0&UID=13508207]Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer[/URL*]

Back
Top Bottom