uhhhh WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
got it figured out thanks apokalipse.
never got the bios to flash, though, and i exhausted my ideas of why i couldn't.
although, i am not familiar enough with ultraISO to really know what i am doing...:)
What's the actual problem with the BIOS flash? does it just not boot from the CD?

If that's the problem, just use ImgBurn to burn the .iso I made
I already put in the P36 BIOS. It should automatically flash once it boots.

you don't need to modify the .iso; I already did that. (uploaded to rapidshare)
hold on, did I even give you the download link to one I uploaded to rapidshare?

*edit*
uploaded it to google:
http://apokalipse.googlepages.com/NF59_P36.iso

just burn that using Imgburn, and boot from it.

yeah it says "boot disc failure, insert system disc"
of course...i didnt use imgburn to burn it, i just put it into a folder and burned it right to disc. is that the problem?

flash seemed to work (it booted off the disc and ran thru the update), but cpuz still shows the bios date as 4/13/2007.
hmmm, is there anything else i need to do? do i need to reset my cmos?
on the evga website it showed the new date on bios, also shows evga mobo as the foxconn.
also said they got 1/2 multi's with bios...(i still dont have them)
any ideas?

flash seemed to work (it booted off the disc and ran thru the update), but cpuz still shows the bios date as 4/13/2007.
which .iso did you use?

I made a .iso (bootable) with the new BIOS and uploaded it to rapidshare before, but I think I might have forgotton to put in the PM.

I sent you a PM with an .iso of the P35 BIOS, which isn't the newer one (so that you could create a backup flash CD in case it failed). Is that the one you used?
I uploaded the .iso I modified (with the new BIOS) to google:

What's the actual problem with the BIOS flash? does it just not boot from the CD?

If that's the problem, just use ImgBurn to burn the .iso I made
I already put in the P36 BIOS. It should automatically flash once it boots.

you don't need to modify the .iso; I already did that. (uploaded to rapidshare)
hold on, did I even give you the download link to one I uploaded to rapidshare?

*edit*
uploaded it to google:
http://apokalipse.googlepages.com/NF59_P36.iso

just burn that using Imgburn, and boot from it.

okay i downloaded the one that you put on google. in the file, it shows it as nf_p36 (after i burn it to disc with imgburn).
when i get into the flash utility, it shows date (im guessing of the p_35 bios) of 4/13/2007
and it says "file name to program nf59_p35.bin (which is the current bios). i dont know if that means it is going to overwrite that file, or if it is the actual file it is going to write.
i hit Y, and it goes thru the motions of flashing.
i burned one disc from your file on google, and one from the evga forum that the guy posted that he made. i tried both discs, and they both do the same thing.
i haven't re-set cmos, but i will try that now. gimme a sec, unless you have other ideas...

nu-uh, it still says in the bios flash "nf59_p35.bin"....but on the cd it shows that the file is indeed named nf59_p36
nope, no such luck.
cpuz still says 4/13/2007 and doesn't identify my mobo as a foxconn, and no half-multi's.
well, any other ideas?
lol or should i just say "screw it"?

nu-uh, it still says in the bios flash "nf59_p35.bin"....but on the cd it shows that the file is indeed named nf59_p36
nope, no such luck.
cpuz still says 4/13/2007 and doesn't identify my mobo as a foxconn, and no half-multi's.
well, any other ideas?
lol or should i just say "screw it"?
did you check the autoexec.bat to see if it had the correct file name?

also, you could try winflash
techPowerUp! :: Download Winflash 2.0.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom