GPU fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
ok befor every one jumps in and gose you do this thats and the other let me explain

i have just got my self a Nexus Caterpillar case and i was just looking at it and i looked at the back and was thinking that dosent look right some how

well the thing is the expansion slots in the back is the thing there seems to be a bar devideing each one but then i thought would a larger graphics card fit in there like GTX or even a gts

just for refrances i looked for a photo of the rear of the case but could not find out (and my digital cam it out of action) so i found this case that has the same thing

ThermaltakeKandalfAluminumTower-Liq.jpg

hope the photo helps out a bit

well most of the new 8 series card take up two slots...and from tthat pic, it looks fine to me.
i had to unscrew mine and then i could also take out the metal bar between the slots.
...not sure if tahts what your asking.

for a gts it takes up 2 slots so you pull out 2 of your 7 expansions slot blocks im not sure how your case's little panels come out but the slots have an aluminum piece that u can pull out most have screws so you can pull hte panel out and save it. but some have little philips head screw slots whatit looks likein the middle of the plate and you stick your screw driver in it and pry it out.

once you have the 2 coresponding slots out you just put your GPU in and there ya go :) hope this helped

well most of the new 8 series card take up two slots...and from tthat pic, it looks fine to me.
i had to unscrew mine and then i could also take out the metal bar between the slots.
...not sure if tahts what your asking.

ok i have not cheacked if i can take the bar out but it looks to be in it with a little rivit

i think what krazyq is talking about is the slots where the card's I/O shield is showing take out 2 so that the bottom part of the card ( the vent ) can circulate air in and out of the case.

i think what krazyq is talking about is the slots where the card's I/O shield is showing take out 2 so that the bottom part of the card ( the vent ) can circulate air in and out of the case.

ok seem to make sense

just looked at the case and there is no way to take off the bar it looks like it might take a gtx but i just want to make sure save me spending money when i dont need to

ok seem to make sense

just looked at the case and there is no way to take off the bar it looks like it might take a gtx but i just want to make sure save me spending money when i dont need to

well one of my old cases had no screws or anything..i had to use force to push it out..i used a screwdrive.
also make sure a gtx will fit in your case vertically...and make sure you have good airflow so you wont run into overheating problems.

ok seem to make sense

the whole back interface panel is pop rivited to the case frame. Pretty much every ATX 7 slot Case can handle a GTX or any card that takes up 2 slots.

lol, if it don't move, PUSH IT HARDER!!!

thats wierd that they don't have screws. guess thier giong for the tool free design.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom