Bluray and/or HDDVD drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
woke up too early! :p
standalone players are much better than devices such as the PS3
HDdvd players are much cheaper then the PS3 now.

snippet from another source:
---
The MSRP of the HD-A3 will now be $149.99 USD, while the HD-A30 with 1080p output is lowered to $199.99 USD. Toshiba's high-end HD-A35 will now be priced at $299.99 USD. Retailers are already undercutting these prices, with Amazon selling the A3 for just $134.99, while TigerDirect has it listed for $129.99.
---

I just wanted to do the above for theEnd, lol

As for games, the games industry doesn't have to worry much and gamers equally so. Games can be delivered as streams or downloadables, as they are now. So gamers are lucky. It's just the people, like me, who loves movies and buys them (too dang much, hehe)

It is more than likely that HDdvd will not be defeated by BluRay and be used just as there are cd-r cd+r, dvd-r dvd+r.

Long live HDdvd right theEnd? (and this from a neutral who is more inclined to possibly getting Bluray and liking Sony!)
;)

woke up too early! :p
standalone players are much better than devices such as the PS3
HDdvd players are much cheaper then the PS3 now.

snippet from another source:
---
The MSRP of the HD-A3 will now be $149.99 USD, while the HD-A30 with 1080p output is lowered to $199.99 USD. Toshiba's high-end HD-A35 will now be priced at $299.99 USD. Retailers are already undercutting these prices, with Amazon selling the A3 for just $134.99, while TigerDirect has it listed for $129.99.
---

I just wanted to do the above for theEnd, lol

As for games, the games industry doesn't have to worry much and gamers equally so. Games can be delivered as streams or downloadables, as they are now. So gamers are lucky. It's just the people, like me, who loves movies and buys them (too dang much, hehe)

It is more than likely that HDdvd will not be defeated by BluRay and be used just as there are cd-r cd+r, dvd-r dvd+r.

Long live HDdvd right theEnd? (and this from a neutral who is more inclined to possibly getting Bluray and liking Sony!)
;)

The MSRP of the HD-A3 will now be $149.99 USD the sucessor to the HD-A2 which isn't 1080p nor can't do DTS-HDMA, Dolby True HD, or DD+

of course HDDuD players are cheaper than the PS3 toshiba is selling them at a massive loss, they dont got endless amounts of money you know(They are cheaper but not better than the PS3's Blu-ray playback abilities). and the PS3 IS one of the best Blu-ray players for the mere fact that it keeps receving all these firmware upgrades, and was already shown a CES running BD Live!(Profile 2.0). Let me see only 1 maker of HDDuD players exist which is toshiba, since no one else wants to sell them for the huge losss Toshiba is taking. While on the other hand Blu-ray has over 10 Standalone makers, there is a war on hardware as well, with Toshiba monopolizingHDDVD units they control the price, with all the CE's making Blu-ray Standalones the prices keep coming down. Toshiba can't keep selling thse for a loss, unless they are just liquidating stock like they did with the HD-A2 for $99, OH NOEZ 100,000 1080i HDDuD players bought in one week thats 100K people that are going to be ****ed. Of course for DuDers quality doesnt matter to them, only price.

As for streaming games/downloading not everyone is on 50mb fiber or copper, not even everyone has enough bandwith to dl Xbox360 games which come in at 9GB, Hmmm. let me see i want to buy Killzone 2 or FFXIII, or MGS4 let me wait for my 50GB game to finish downloading, sounds fun right?

i'm on dialup at home, I'll never be dl'ing "rich" content....just satellite tv.
it all coincides it seems, will be very interesting how all this junk works out
Forecasts for Higher Bandwidth Broadband Services - New TFI Telecom Market Research Report
Italy leads the US in broadband penetration! Wah, and people here in the US think it's so easy ;)
I wonder if this "war" will conclude this year...that higher bandwidth broadband is just 2 years away. Then 1tb haddrives will be mainstream, as well as the arrival of hvd perhaps? Holographic Versatile Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
there seems to be 2 hvd camps, one with the tech around 1.6tb and the other at 3tb.
:D

i'm on dialup at home, I'll never be dl'ing "rich" content....just satellite tv.
it all coincides it seems, will be very interesting how all this junk works out
Forecasts for Higher Bandwidth Broadband Services - New TFI Telecom Market Research Report
Italy leads the US in broadband penetration! Wah, and people here in the US think it's so easy ;)
I wonder if this "war" will conclude this year...that higher bandwidth broadband is just 2 years away. Then 1tb haddrives will be mainstream, as well as the arrival of hvd perhaps? Holographic Versatile Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
there seems to be 2 hvd camps, one with the tech around 1.6tb and the other at 3tb.
:D

Yeas good idea HVD FTW, Blu-ray is too expensive for me at $300 dollars for hardware and $25 for media, I'll just buy a $15,000 drive and meadi costing $150. Nice one im assuming you wouldn't even get HVD anywyas, neither would most people complaining about HDM prices. besides these are primarily going to be used by entreprises and goverment to backup data. Of course a lot of US government data will be lost in the process

All the tech starts out that way doesn't it?
I'm not talking about prices, lol
I get whatever's good. When cds came out, I didn't buy them...then about 10 years later I've ended up buying something around 200 cds.
DVDs came out...I waited and ended up buying 600+
Why make so many assumptions when we don't actually know? You included?
I bought laser discs...know what those are? Still have the player and my discs.

so many assumptions, lol

the fanboyism is a bit much though...really. Sorry to see you don't see that. Fanboyism often can turn neutrals away. I have to stop reading your
posts otherwise I'll end up hating bluray like I hate/dislike apple/macs...and end up skipping them until bluray replacements appear. :D

All the tech starts out that way doesn't it?
I'm not talking about prices, lol
I get whatever's good. When cds came out, I didn't buy them...then about 10 years later I've ended up buying something around 200 cds.
DVDs came out...I waited and ended up buying 600+
Why make so many assumptions when we don't actually know? You included?
I bought laser discs...know what those are? Still have the player and my discs.

so many assumptions, lol

the fanboyism is a bit much though...really. Sorry to see you don't see that. Fanboyism often can turn neutrals away. I have to stop reading your
posts otherwise I'll end up hating bluray like I hate/dislike apple/macs...and end up skipping them until bluray replacements appear. :D

Laserdiscs LOLWTF? nah i remember them my Biology teacher used to have tons of them, of course i don't have the player tho, U remember the War between Laserdisc and VideoDisc?

Lazerdisc is the underdog in this competition I think :D

no Laserdisc=Blu-ray Video Disc=HDDVD, well in comparison

Blu-ray is more expensive has better technology gives better soun, and has higher cost of media/hardware

HDDVD like Video Disc is cheaper and they tohught that is what would win it for them, of course it failed in the end tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom