HMM: HD DVD Should "Knock It Off" for Inevitable Blu-ray Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
Home Media Magazine, the weekly industry magazine which alerts retailers and those inside the home media industry to news and releases, has posted a statement to the HD DVD Promotional Group: "Knock it off". Stating consumer confusion as the reason for lack of consumer adoption of high definition home media, magazine contributor Thomas K. Arnold has asked that HD DVD step down instead of delaying the inevitable Blu-ray victory.

With Warner Home Video dumping HD DVD, the format has the support of just two of the six major studios. It cannot win. At best, it can be a spoiler, but I'm hoping Toshiba, Universal and Paramount will take the high road and, for the good of the entire industry, bow out. Universal and Paramount, in particular, need to jump on the Blu-ray Disc bandwagon so we can go into the new year with a unified front and a unified mission: To educate consumers about the advantages of high-definition media and convince them the time to transition from standard DVD to Blu-ray is the day they bring that HDTV into their home.

Blu-ray.com - HMM: HD DVD Should "Knock It Off" for Inevitable Blu-ray Victory

well last i heard is the netflicts is turning to HD DVD, but that was awhile ago, don't know whats going to happen. and if it (did) or does happen, it will be all HD got, cause doesn't blockbuster going blueray? which would make an interesting battle.

I find it rather funny, because I am starting to see more hybrid players, capable of playing both media types, I honestly, would rather see FAR MORE of these than the stand alones, that way I can use HD-DVD for backup purposes and BluRay for POSSIBLE movies...

I find it rather funny, because I am starting to see more hybrid players, capable of playing both media types, I honestly, would rather see FAR MORE of these than the stand alones, that way I can use HD-DVD for backup purposes and BluRay for POSSIBLE movies...

Just like CD+DVD.

y would u use HDDVD for backup purposes?

HDDVD single Layer 15GB
Blu-ray single layer 25GB

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give it a rest and go back to VHS Tape will you.

Could I as the mods on tech forums just to merge all these HD-DVD / BluRay threads together. And just have one big HD DVD vs. Blu Ray thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom