monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice9 said:
If I buy an OEM cpu what else will I need to buy and how much will that be?

OEM means that you only get the cpu, you will have to buy a heatsink and fan and you can get one for $15 to $50 depending on your needs..

I am using Viewsonic 21" (and strictly wont recommend it) :)

best is Iiyama (as if its available in ur area), i could have gone for iiyama, but it wasnt available in 20/21" at that time. eventually I had to buy Viewsonic, though its cool looking, thin frame wider looking screen.

for gaming, go for responce time = 16ms

contrast ration though wont effect that much, 400:1 will do good.

in CPU, what you have to buy extra is: FAN and a good thermal paste (i used Artic Silver 5, very nice performance)

some one can correct me if im rong but... CRT's arnt like CPU's or gfx cards, im not shur how much of a diff u would c between any CRT's witch are the same size.

all CRT's already have better brightness/contrast ratio compaird to LCD's.

some CRT's have a lower Dot Pitch... but i dont think that can be noticed by the human eye.

i got the 19" orion flat screen CRT a year or so ago for like $160. hadnt had any trouble with it wat so ever. and if i ever get another one, il prolly get an even cheeper one.

CRT's have a faster response time, are cheaper, and resolution changing is a lot better; LCD's are designed to work best at one resolution, and if this is changed the images can be kinda blurry and sometimes makes it hard to read text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom