Windows 2000 Setup Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

modus

Solid State Member
Hi... this is my first post/thread. Glad to be a part of the community.
Anyway, I'm having trouble installing Windows 2000 on this crappy PC. I'm getting an error message and I'm not sure what it means.

I made the 4 floppy setup disks for Win2000, put the first one in and boot up the system. Everything looks normal and the Windows 2000 seems like it's going to start up.
The computer says "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration..."

Then I get the following error message:
---------------------------------------------------
Disk I/O Error: Status = 0000100C
NTDETECT Failed
---------------------------------------------------
From here the computer just sits idle on that error message.
Not sure what this is all about, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :confused:

Hmmm... I don't know so much about the disks. I think the main thing that concerns me at the moment is the hard drive.
Many techs I've spoken too are hinting towards that, including some people posting on this forum. Good point though. I'll be sure to make a new set of disks.

i had the same exact error when i was trying to install win2k. do you have a sata harddrive? if so, you should put the drivers for it onto a floppy disk (you can get the drivers from the mobo cd). after you do that, start your computer and put in the win2k cd. when the first screen comes up for installation, it'll ask you if you want to install separate drivers and to hit f6, so do that right away because it goes away quickly. then when you're at that screen, select to install the drivers and then put in your floppy disk and install the sata drivers. then you can install win2k.

Ok... turns out my Win2K boot disks were bad afterall.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Ebon. I owe you one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom