AMD 2500+ and 2600+ users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbernie41

In Runtime
I have questions for you. I am going to build my first PC and I think I am going to go with one of these 2 CPUs.

So here are my questions for you.

Which CPU do you have?

What mobo do you have? Does it support SATA HDs?

Are you overclocking your CPU?
If so, what are you using to keep it cool and is it stable and at what speed do you have it overclocked to?

Finally, which would you recommend? The 2500+ or 2600+... or would one of the new Celerons be better?

Im not going to do much gaming and the games I do play are very undemanding. Will be used for apps like Flash and Dreamweaver and music mostly. Thanks.

I think thats all the questions I have for now but if I think of something else I will post it.

Don't get a Celeron. The AMD 2600+ will still do good for even moderate gaming, if paired with a good graphics card. I had one of these processors for about a year and it served me well. I'd say go for it.

err yea don't get a celeron, i mean you probably should be getting something like a p4 2.8ht, since you're not even heading towards the gaming region of computing...

I'd go with one of the Nforce2 chipset boards. I hear the Abit NF7 is one of the easiest to overclock. I think most have SATA RAID capabilities. ME Ive got 2500+ Im getting ready to put in an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe..its the best performance wise of NF2 boards, but I hear it can be tougher to OC.

ive got a none barton 2600 o/c to 2700 i dont think i can get it much better than that cos its already on 200 fsb so im happy with it. i think you should go with a 2500 barton and i know from that u can easily o/c to 3200. or even better buy a 2500 mobile xp which run alot cooler and ive heard then running at actual speeds of 2.7 gig.

i have a 2800+ oced from a 333mhz fsb to a 420, rock stable. mobo i have is an epox ep-8rda3+, pretty awesome board and it has sata(most all new boards do), runs on nforce2 ultra chipset. just make sure if you happen to buy it, get it from www.newegg.com they sell the newest revision(3.0 i think) with a better chipset cooler and it comes with round ata cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom