Nvidia 7900 GTX - Screen Tearing/Black Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe its not the video card its self, maybe its the motherboard. glitches between it and the video card. its just a theory

Actually it's the only PSU I owned that didn't die in a year or so (had it for a LONG time now).

According to reviews, that PSU outlasted 5 other PSU's under 100% constant load for 24 hours, something of that sort.

The min. requirement for 7900 GTX is 450 watts, perhaps my 500 watt isn't enough for it anymore?

Edit:
Kinda broke but maybe I should upgrade to a 700 watt or something similar:
Newegg.com - FSP Group FX700-GLN ATX12V V2.2/EPS12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V CSA, IEC, UL, CE, TUV - Retail
Newegg.com - SeaSonic SS-650JT ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - OEM (rated #2 after fFSP)
Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V - Retail <-- probably the best

700W would be overkill, a PCP&P or Corsair 520W unit would do just fine. But of course the last thing you want to do is spend money, so wait for some more suggestions off here first. :D

Na, it'll last for the next PC. But you're right, I'm getting a new vehicle ATM so I'm broke trying to save for what I want to get.

My card is a MSI, what's weird is I played COD4 for about 6 hours non stop and only seen that happen two times.

Unless the card is dying (unlikely) it is probably the drivers. While I realize that you are running the most recent ones, try going back and trying the last two or three drivers, and trying Omega Drivers.

Do a complete graphics driver uninstall before installing the next set, just to be sure. I ws having a hound of a time with COD4 with my X1950XT, and it was drivers and overclocking (mine was crashing and locking up).

Once you rule out drivers, you can focus more on the rest of it. You PSU should be fine as far as wattage goes. But, like everything else, things eventually die. But I wouldn't go throwing money at it until you narrow down the possible suspects.

It could be the card's memory.
It may be corrupted.
There are bad/cheap brands out on the market.......and card do have a tendency to have doa memory.

Ive had one of my video card's memory get extrememly corrupted and had to replace the entire thing.....the screen was actually serrated and shifted.....kind of a one-in-a-lifetime-sight....

yeah... if you have a spare card you could try it and see. If the artifacts don't show, you know it's the card. If the card is out of warranty, there's not a lot you can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom