Amd or Pentium

What is your favorite Alien Vs. Predator Game?

• Alien Vs. Predator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien Vs. Predator 2

• Alien Vs. Predator: Extinction

• I Haven't play any of the alien Vs. Predator Games

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravin

Baseband Member
Building a computer for gaming. Play games like Command and Conquer Generals and Far Cry. I want to be able to play Half-Life 2 with seemless game play. I already have a ati x800 xt videocard and corsair xms ram (1gb) but I have yet to decide the pentium 4 extreme edition 3.2 ghz or the amd athlon 64 fx-53 socket 939. (also considering pentium 4 HT 3.2ghz and the amd athlon 64 3800+ (because they are a little more affordable)) Which should I choose? I am a hardcore gamer over the internet and have no real concern with how much money I spend.

pentium 4 extreme edition almost same with AMD 64 fx-53 in 32 bits window.
BUt for a gamer, is better to take AMD cpu.

the AMD Athlon 64 FX-53... thats gonna cost u ALOOTTT!!!! i voted for the FX-53... but if u want to have other good parts.. go for the AMD Athlon 64 3800+

I have to go with the 64 3800+, there is no real need to spend extra money on more of name brand cpu, the 3800+ will last you a LONG time. Even my 3000+ will run farcry totally fine no probs.

Damn I can wait until im done with college and can afford a really nice computer like that...until then...

Join the air force... you get money and a career... and continue college while you server for FREE except for books. Your Tech school for the air force also goes towards your college credits... you have free house, free food, free medical and dental... not a bad deal man :) and thanks for the help guys.. AMD is what I will get

very nice config u have chosen with AV8 on K8T800 PRO. as If i had to recommend someone with extremeeeeeee level performance system, this configuration is the choice. make sure u get 939 pin processor :)

just change the HD to WD Raptor 74GB (10,000 RPM)

Yeah, dude...college, im coming hard for you and im gonna win! Then I can buy all kinds of goodies for computers ;). AHH cant wait!

I will get a socket 939, better performace... but is there really a diff between a 10,000 rpm and a 7,200 rpm harddrive? What you guys think... a 36GB 10,000 rpm WD for the OS and then just a 7,200 rpm for my games???!!!??!? I am not really fimilar with harddrive configs, just cpu's, case mods, and wiring.

Also for another 150 bucks I will get the FX-53 I like the extra 512 L2 cache over the 3800+...

I want the ultimate performace if I am going to speed $2,300.. a little extra for a harddrive wont be that bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom