My New Build (FINALLY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmo0n

Techalicious
Well after months i finally have a new build!

CPU: E6550 @ 2.8Ghz
MB: P5KR
RAM: 2x1GB OCZ PC6400
(hehe)

(OLD STUFF)

GFX: x1950gt
PSU: 430watt Thermaltake (stock)
HD: 250gig Western Digita

I was trying to clock past 2.8 (My real clock is 2.79) but it kept crashing :? And when i originally went to clock, it would do anything over 2.5 so i tried Asus Suite (OC tool) which is horrible since you have to have it running to have the OC working ;/. Eventually i got it to 2.79 using bios and only running at 35c With firefox+ warcraft3 and VLC media player right now :D :D.

One problem (well kind of a problem, but also something i kinda like) is that the cpu will idle around 2.33ghz, which is stock, but when gaming or something that uses cpu starts, it will climb up to 2.8ghz which is my current Overclock. Is this good for it?

Anyone got any suggestions to improve the system? Will be adding specs to my sig asap!

i hate vista.... and i definitly would never pay $100 extra for the ""Ultimate""...

Vista Ultimate is kind a cool, but i cant use all it's features because *cough9200cough*.

EDIT:

took me so long to xfer, redownload - update software that was from my dad's external HDD. I had to make Vista stable, which took me like 4-5 hrs going on to the next day with some video games.

thank goodness my DOS games will work.

Mainly Warcraft3, Counterstrike 1.6, Battlefield, C&C Generals

I have some other stuff as well like portals, and i might get Team Fortress 2

Its my laning computer

Just bumping this refering to the part about not being able to clock past 2.8 (haven't tried in a while but can't be bothered atm :p).

Q's

-Is it worth clocking to say 3.0 or 3.2 (currently at 2.8)?

-Why can't i?

- I plan on later getting maybe something like a blue orb cpu cooler or some other type of better cooling, what would be a safe, but good clock for the E6550?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom