I Feared, it happened, or did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ste....hate to say this, but that is exactly what mine would do when my motherboard took a dump. It would turn on, then off. If i held the power button down it would fully boot, but would then die anytime i tried to reboot or start up without holding down the power button.

Well, My situation is slightly different, it POST's, it boots into windows, but as soon as I put load on it, Blend test through prime95 for example on stock speeds, computer turns off.

Very well could be the motherboard, but I would rather RMA the PSU FIrst. I have yet to be emailed back by PC Power and cooling..

Hows that board treating you anyway. I'm still debating between that one and the x38-ds4. I've about had it with SLI. 90% sure after i get a few benches done, that 1 GTS is going on ebay and i'm going x38 then upgrading to the 780i which will also go on ebay. Then crossfire 3870x2's :)

Hows that board treating you anyway. I'm still debating between that one and the x38-ds4. I've about had it with SLI. 90% sure after i get a few benches done, that 1 GTS is going on ebay and i'm going x38 then upgrading to the 780i which will also go on ebay. Then crossfire 3870x2's :)

Other than this little bump in the road its awesome. Has alot of voltage options, no overclocking holes of any kind. It uses an 8 pin power connector near the CPU instead of a four pin one. It is very nice. Not much else to say...

Other than this little bump in the road its awesome. Has alot of voltage options, no overclocking holes of any kind. It uses an 8 pin power connector near the CPU instead of a four pin one. It is very nice. Not much else to say...

my psu came with a 4 and 6 pin...what do you do if your psu doesnt have an 8pin conector?
My psu is in my sig....

You could use a converter or just shove a 4 Pin connector instead. But you should refer to manual before doing anything.

Your PSU doesn't have an 8 Pin connector?? Werid.
Mine comes with two 6 Pin, one 24 pin, one 8 pin and one 4 pin.. And a whole crap load of molex and SATA connectors..

You could use a converter or just shove a 4 Pin connector instead. But you should refer to manual before doing anything.

Your PSU doesn't have an 8 Pin connector?? Werid.
Mine comes with two 6 Pin, one 24 pin, one 8 pin and one 4 pin.. And a whole crap load of molex and SATA connectors..

well, ill be sticking with my mobo and psu for a while but i was jw.
thanksf or the info anyways.

Ste....hate to say this, but that is exactly what mine would do when my motherboard took a dump. It would turn on, then off. If i held the power button down it would fully boot, but would then die anytime i tried to reboot or start up without holding down the power button.

Update: I have decided to RMA the motherboard as well. The worst they can tell me is that there is nothing wrong with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom