Ultimate or Home Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

900RR

In Runtime
I'm in the process of building a primarily gaming rig and I can't decide between Ultimate 64 or Home Premium 64. I've heard Ultimate ties up a lot more system resources that Home Premium. Is that true? How much more? Will it make much of a difference if I have 4gb of RAM?

Q6600
8800GT or 3870
400GB 7200.11
4Gb PC2 800 RAM
X38 - ds4 mobo

Will Ultimate slow me down that much over Home Premium?:confused:

I have not heard of this slow down. Personally i dont think the limited offering of Ultimate Extras doesnt justify the extra cost.

Home Premium, Ultimate is just not worth it (and unless you need those Business features and VistaDreamScene, you don't need Ultimate)

ultimate is worth every penny...but only buy what you only want ;)
Windows Vista: Compare Editions

You'll be satisfied with either...just get your drivers in order ;)

That is basically, looking at what you are getting, knowing and buying. Don't assume too much from Ultimate and you'll be satisfied. Some people wish they could get more freebies, but eh, doesn't bother me. :D

And don't believe the hype, Ultimate does not "TIE" up any more resources. It makes use of things that are often not. Think of it like exercise.

at newegg, the 64bits are 190 and 112.
upgrade path will cost you about 150 I believe, if you decided to.

i may have to brag that I have/use ultimate in my sig, you can just notice it if you read it...not fancy, bright or garrish enough. People must know I have/use Ultimate. Of course, it doesn't really matter...it's just Ultimate. So I will just leave it as the unassuming, plain black text it is.
lol

i may have to brag that I have/use ultimate in my sig, you can just notice it if you read it...not fancy, bright or garrish enough. People must know I have/use Ultimate. Of course, it doesn't really matter...it's just Ultimate. So I will just leave it as the unassuming, plain black text it is.
lol

u should also brag about the Bad Axe 2 board you have too ;)

Here is the skinny on NT 6.0 .

The way vista was made, it runs half the speed of any NT version before it.
To get the most out of your system either go with XP Sp3, or Vista RC2.

Also, look at the benches with SP1. There was a 1% improvement in speed, which is basically NOTHING.

The only way to get gaming performance is to stay with XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom