Recommended Microsoft Word replacment

Status
Not open for further replies.
OpenOffice for sure, just like everyone else has said. You can save everything in a M$ compatible .doc format and print it anywhere. You can actually download the portable version of OO and take your whole office suite with you on a flash drive. I used to do that and type papers at work then print them out at the computer lab. Same with FireFox portable so I could bypass all the filters.

when you save a document in office 2007, you choose the save in ofiice 1997-2003 format. if the file is in a docx format unzipped it to a doc file

I love OpenOffice...I haven't used Word on my own PC for years (but I have to use Word 2003 at school, and my parents have Word 2002). It reads/writes/prints Word 2003 and previous documents fine (as well as Excel and PowerPoint files from Office 2003 or before). It can also export .pdf and it has it's own OpenDocument format (.odt, .ods, .odp, etc) as another save option.

How many times do you guys have to say OpenOffice? heh.

You know I was thinking the same thing as well...

Anyway, I'd try OpenOffice.

I too would go with open office. lol...

I use OpenOffice and i have Windows Office. I prefer OpenOffice. M$ you suck.

Of course they suck $400 for Vista $400 for Office 2007 PRO.... That could have gone to buy me a 8800 Ultra and still had some left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom