Which 8800GTS 512MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step up is actually reasonable value for US people. Its in the EU that it really costs a disproportionate amount.

So take that into account. The same goes for EVGA support: US great, EU rubbish. Otherwise XFX

How does the step-up program work?

Anybody who has ever used it, could you please explain it in detail to me.

Thanks in advance for you guys help.

anything but EVGA.
lol. they are my nemesis now.

Whys that?

How does the step-up program work?

Anybody who has ever used it, could you please explain it in detail to me.

Thanks in advance for you guys help.

The idea is that you buy your card, and if within 90 days you want to upgrade, you pay the difference in price between what you paid, and the cost of the card that you want, plus shipping.

Great idea in theory (take those of us who got a GTS 320, only for the GT to come out). The trouble is, that the cost of the new card is that on EVGAs website, which is typically a bit higher than you could find at an online retailer for example. In the US, this cost is not much greater, and it is certainly cheaper to step up than to sell on ebay and buy new. In the EU, they set the step up cost disproportionately high.

As an example, the step up that I am doing (GTS320 to GTS 512) would cost about $40 in the US, whereas it is almost 4 times that for me in the EU. not to happy about EVGAs business practices, but they are entitled to do that at the end of the day. Its a bit of a 'false promise' for EUers.

as from ive herd it isnt what you payed for the card that you get its the value of teh card on there site, so if you get a 8800gts320mb for lets say 350 when they first came out, and between the time you buy it and the 8800gt comes out there is a price drop to lets say 299. you only have the value of 299 on the card, i say ebay is the better alternative, its what vdub did he didnt even use the step up, and atleast with ebay you arent on a limited 90 day policy, and on ebay there are lots of stupid peopel who are liek ebay is always cheaper and wont look anywhere else, so you can sell it a bit higher, then store price sometimes.

no thats not correct. I dont think. I'm almost positive they refund the cost that you payed (they get you to upload your invoice)

no thats not correct. I dont think. I'm almost positive they refund the cost that you payed (they get you to upload your invoice)

Yes, they do refund the cost that you paid/payed for the merchandise that you have bought.

** I never knew paid can be spell payed as well <= Something new I've learned today! :laughing:

Whys that?

main reason is that they have dropped COMPLETELY the support for my motherboard. ie no new bios updates, no fixes for the things that have never worked properly ie first packet and ethernet sharing. i paid a lot of money for this mobo, from a company i thought took care of its customers no matter how small.
secondly, they will not even attempt a bios that will support the phenom quad core, unlike many other companies.
thirdly, they are offering a deal to people with 680i intel boards to trade up to the 780i boards for just like, the difference in price and shipping. so, i asked if they would offer the 590sli owners the same deal when the AMD 7 series boards come out, since they have abandoned the chipset and they were like, "we're not doing jack **** for you".
in effect, i will be buying a 7 series mobo, but CERTAINLY not an evga. and if i hadn't bought my 8800gt before all this came thru the pipe, i wouldn't have bought that from them either. i can assure you that if and when i decide to go SLI with another card, it will be XFX or BFG. and if i buy a new card, it will be one of those as well.
basically, i feel like they spit in the face of people who were buying theor flagship AMD mobo, and i dont do business with folks like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom