TFT or CRT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yon

In Runtime
Just wondering if it would be wise to purchase a TFT monitor, or keep the CRT monitor i have at the moment, which is a Trust Precision Viewer 17" OSD, quite old... and big. Just asking here because i heard about dead pixels and not being able to get a refund unless over half of the screen is dead, also i heard about the screen getting scrached easily. This kind of stuff has put me off a little (as it would anyone I guess)

I would say base your opinion on what you're going to use it for and how much room you have where your monitor is going.

Well atm I use the monitor to put plates and things on... so it's a bad thing :p

CRT- has a higher refresh rate, so vid games and movies look smoother. crt's pixels can be color burned though after a long long time(i dont know the exact term for it).

LCD- cannot be color burned no matter how long 1 image stays still on the screen. has lower refresh rate then CRT, so fast games may look outa sync. LCD has a lot higher resolution though, good for grafix edititing. LCD usess a lot less electicity then CRT, so it runs cooler and gives u a lower electric bill.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
so CRT is only realy better for video games and watching vids like DVD's. LCD is better for everything else, but costs a lot more.

OK, I think i will stick with my CRT, btw, I've seen these screens that go over a CRT monitor to stop eye strain, but don't know how well they work, how much they cost, wor where to get one.

jolancer... i think u might have that backwards.. unless thats only with TVs and not PC monitors.. even tho is plasma TVs, if u leave a solid image on them, it can burn through.. and with a regular TV u dont have to worry about it.. and i think a CRT monitor is kinda like a regular TV, so if anyting.. the LCD is the one that would have the chance of a solid image burnin through it, and not the CRT

to BLuEnGrEEnPC--- plasmas TV's are different from lcd and crt. but plasma can also get burnd color pixels... the only one that cant are LCD screens. TV's are CRT's, so thy also can get burnd color pixels.

CRT is vey good (dont ask me why I bought 21" TFT).

yes the screen gets burned if it stays on one image for a very very long time, say you keep ur system on with a bright image into it (example : a bright color butterfly on a dark background), after soem time, you'll notie, that this butterfly is kindaa embeded into your screen, even if its turned off.

secondaly, CRT has life of 10,000-20,000 hours against LCD with 40-50000. so after these 10,000 hours, screen gets a little blurred.

and yes worst thing about LCD's, dead semi pixels (either green/blue/red) and at least u have to have 5 dead pixels to get monitor replaced (ISO 9001 complaint companies).

this screen filter, though somehow minimizes the sharpness of monitor, but the first day I entered my uni,m I was told excersice (and were reminded for that frequently) simple and effective. once after every 1 hour of usage (though actual is 2 hours), move ur eyes away from monitor screen to some distant object for 1 minute (actual is 30 seconds), this will change the wave length of the eyeball. and it will never effect your eyes (puts stress)
and u'll remain as good as never used computer. :)

and i never did that :) why? I forgot to do this :), so for you guys, who are afraid that they'll lose gf as if glasses on, write a small note on side of ur screen, reminding u of this replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom