lost in translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.. i did somethin that will help u... if u dont mind buyin ur PC from the internet... go to.. www.cyberpowersystem.com .. and i customized a PC for u that cost $1,009... and its pretty nice.. here are the parts
----------------------
ATX MEDIUM TOWER CASE 350 WATT
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
Gigabyte GA-7N400-L1 (motherboard)
1GB PC3200 RAM
Maxtor 80GB Harddrive
nVidia GeForce-FX5500 256MB graphics card
Battle Field 1942 (its free with any GeForce GFX card)
Artec 16x DVD-ROM drive
Artec CD-RW 52x32x52
Viewsonic E90B 19" Monitor
onboard sound
AMD certified CPU Fan & Heatsink + 3 extra case fans
600Watt Subwoofer stereo speakers - 2.1 sound system
1.44MB Floppy Drive
Onboard Networking
PS2 Multimedia Internet Control Keyboard
Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse
Windows XP Home Edition

So where is this magical "bergen county NJ" place?

at a 178th st in the bronx, there exists the George Washington Bridge. if you cross it, going from new york to new jersey, you are in bergen county. its the commuter state - owes its entire existence to new york city.

lone wolf and green p.c. thanks for the info. yon - i meant $1000. sorry for the confusion

green p.c. - thats an awesome site. i have to put the parts together myself right? i think i'm going to get the temperature guage too. basically, with the configuration that you wrote, i get a total of 4 fans right? with 4 fans, it should be the north pole in there.

u think i should half my ram to 512 and try to spend the extra money on the 17inch viewsonic lcd monitor?

correct me if i'm wrong, but the $1009 buys you a BUILT computer, no assembly required. The benefit of those types of providers is that you can really pick and choose what you want, and stay away from crap parts. And they got the looks...

so u're saying, if i get the same exact parts on a site like... newegg...then it will be cheaper than the custom comp on cyber power systems?

you'd have to price it out, but it will probably be within $100 or less. At that price, it's really just a question of whether or not you want to take the time to build. When I built my system, it was more b/c it was a challenge, than to save a lot of money. Granted I saved a few bucks, but it also took a day of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom