I intend to build a computer with the following components

Case : Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel Case ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply : Apevia ATX-1B680W
M/B : Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition
CPU : AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400 + AM2 Black Edition.No fan
CPU cooler : Zalman CNPS9500 Led AM2 Socket
RAM : 4 GB Crucial
Hard Disk : Seagate Barracude ( ST3500320AS ) 500 GB
Video Card : OCZ GeForce 8800 GTX nVidia 8800 GTX Chipset ShaderClock,PCI EXpress,DirectX10 etc

The computer should become a good general one,allowing to play
games,do some photo editing etc

How could I improve ? What else would you suggest ?

Tks

RobertXYZ

PSU, I would suggest you get a Corsair 520hx. Seeing that I haven't seen much from Apevia. As for the RAM you'll only need 2GB unless you're doing Video editing/encoding? And the VGA, maybe the 8800GT 512MB would be as good as the GTX except at a lower price.

What resolution do you run at?

The 8800 GTS 512 costs a lot less for almost the same performance as the GTX. I'd get a branded version (XFX, BFG, EVGA) if I were you, due to the good support and other perks, for little more cash.

Not entirely convinced you need 4GB RAM. Are you running Vista? Even so for gaming/ photo editing, 2GB is more than enough. If you plan to overclock at all get some Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800Mhz (PC2 6400).

Get a Tuniq Tower 120 over the Zalman, definitely

EDIT: oh, concur with the Corsair 520HX idea

The power supply company is not a reliable one, plus, 680W is too much power for that system. Take a look at my Recommended PC Components guide in my sig, for power supply recommendations. You might as well check other components there too.

If you are going for 4GB of RAM, make sure you have or get a 64-bit OS.

You can get 2 8800GT's for the price of a GTX and they will perform better.

Someone said to get the Tuniq HSF, but I believe if you use it in that case, you will not be able to use the side case fan. There is the same issue with the CM Stacker 830 and I'm currently trying to find what the best HSF under 140.8mm tall is

You can get 2 8800GT's for the price of a GTX and they will perform better.
He should consider an SLI motherboard, if he wants to do this.

Someone said to get the Tuniq HSF, but I believe if you use it in that case, you will not be able to use the side case fan. There is the same issue with the CM Stacker 830 and I'm currently trying to find what the best HSF under 140.8mm tall is

Big Typhoon? Enzotech Ultra-X?

You should get a Crossfire board with 2 HD3870's (they perform better than two 8800gt's)

I recommend a 790fx board (especially the MSI k9a2 Platinium)

900RR said:
Yes and his original mobo says SLI
Ah, my mistake. I was thinking of another thread, where the person had a DS3R.

I do agree with vernong's suggestion though. The K9A2 Plat., is also the same price as the M2N32 Deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom