Thermalright Ultra-120 + Armor questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually bent my tabs on my TRUE just to get it a little bit tighter, but i can still move it. Its not really that big of an issue.

Well I did the "dot" method and I can tell you that its made no difference...temps at the moment are 35c-36c and I'm in a coolish room.

I noticed that the bottom of the TRUE's heatsink pad is scratched, not badly, but when you shine it in the light, you can clearly see hair-line scratches, not deep ones, but definate scratches, I'm wondering if thats having anything to do with the temps?

It's weird, though. I've been gentle with the cooler, so God knows how the pad on the TRUE has got scratched so easily...I'm guessing its from when I was struggling to install it due to its size...

I'll give it about a week and see if temps have dropped at all by next Sunday.

Arctic Cooling MX-2 is not supposed to cure, so technically, should I be seeing instant results with this compound? Or should I still wait a week or so before thinking about taking further action?

I've also ordered another Scythe S-Flex, so I'll have two 120mm fans on the cooler soon.

Ah, I see....never knew that. My temperatures went down within a week or so. It varies.

Yeah, I'll just roll with it for now, b1gapl. If there's no change by next Sunday, I may consider applying good old AS5.

Do you think really minor scratches (no depth in the scratches) on the heatsink pad would do any harm to temps?

No I don't think so. I have minor scratch as well. Hasn't caused a problem. If it does, I'd imagine it wouldn't have a significant affect on the temperatures.

I don't think it needs to be lapped. IMO, it does fine without lapping, with a good fan. But it should be lapped. I should get working on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom