$1200 Hardcore gaming comp possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello, Its rolling around tax time and i need a computer. The one in my sig i ended up selling when i was in Basic Military Training(bad mistake) so now im stuck. My wife and I were thinking of getting laptops but I simply can not find a laptop that i want to pay a lot of money for that isnt for gaming ><.

So heres what im looking for:

19" LCD prefer 22" Widescreen
dual core maybe that new Q6600
a really nice Video Card
and maybe some overclocking potential

I only have 1000-1200 to spend though so thats the down side.

I like playing games like WoW, Counter-Strike Source, Battlefield, and I want to try that new game Crysis.

Can someone help me build this dream comp for an affordable price? thanks!

sucks that you sold your comp, all you really needed for that comp was a 8800GTS 512mb and you would have been set

Well im kinda stuck making this computer now...Heres what i was thinking about so far:

Q6600 - $274.99
EVGA 512MB 8800GT - $259.99
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB - $77
WD 250GB HDD - 69.99
CHIMEI 22" Widescreen LCD - 239.00
SAMSUNG DVD Burner /w lightscribe - 29.99

Total 951.95

Its a little high maybe i could change somethings out but i still need:

PSU
Motherboard(good overclocker)
Computer Case

and i think thats is...can anyone help me make this work?

Edit: Yeah i could go with a laptop but theres just something about me that feels a quad core CPU with an 8800GT for the same price is just so much better. Laptops are small which is what i would love its just they wont do what i want them to for my price >_<

Corsair 520hx
Abit IP35-pro
Antec 900??? (I don't know squat about cases)

maybe get the Crucial Ballistix RAM Instead

mother board Newegg.com - ABIT IP35-E LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
psu Newegg.com - Thermaltake W0093RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, FCC, and CB - Retail

and case Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
i do recommend getting a third fan for the case, i personally have this case and its great fits my tuniq tower fine.
i recommend this as a cooler if you are over clocking the stock one is horrible for quads. Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

Intel Core 2 Quad: Q6600 - $280 (TankGuys [Guranteed G0])
Gigabyte P35-DS3R - $125 (Newegg)
Crucial Ballistix - $75 (Newegg)
eVGA 8800GT 512mb - $260 (Newegg)
HannsG HW-191APB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor – $170 (Newegg)
SAMSUNG DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe - $30 (Newegg)
XCLIO 6030PLUS Black (If you buy this, it'll come with a 600W PSU for free [combo ends on 1/31/08]) - $50 (Newegg)

Grand total = $1040

Does that look good? But then again.. you'll need the Tuniq Tower which is another $50 (SVC.com).

You could probably change around the RAM and Monitor, but that's what I thought would be good in your price range. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom