x38 vs x48?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read (dont quote me on this) that the difference in overclockign ability between X38 and P35 was non existant ~ people were able to overclock the same amount on the P35 as they were their X38. the difference was support for pcie-2.0 and 45nm cpu's... so same difference as between the 680i/780i chipsets? i dont get why people hate 780i but love x38 (other than crossfire vs sli)

i read (dont quote me on this) that the difference in overclockign ability between X38 and P35 was non existant ~ people were able to overclock the same amount on the P35 as they were their X38. the difference was support for pcie-2.0 and 45nm cpu's... so same difference as between the 680i/780i chipsets? i dont get why people hate 780i but love x38 (other than crossfire vs sli)

My guess is that most people had very bad experiences with the 680i's so perhaps they think the 780's will be just as bad? I dunnue, ask Veed about it, he knows more.

My guess is that most people had very bad experiences with the 680i's so perhaps they think the 780's will be just as bad? I dunnue, ask Veed about it, he knows more.

the 780i is the 680i north bridge chip, but they are usign a new south bidge chip as nvidia has used an old south bridge design for a very long time, thats also why the 680i boards will use ide, my board can use ide, but hard drives only my dvd drive needs to be sata. so there is almost no diference between 780i and 680i, as its the same chip, but they changed the south bridge. the x38 is favoured as it over clocks farther then the 680i, in some cases( well it doesnt have any fsb walls) and is a more stable chipset, the 680i is a very failure prone chipset, its been like that right from launch, they fix one issue but others arise, it really cant be helped, i love my maximus formula and my x38 chipset, exept i cannot go sli and will have to use crossfire, but for me that isnt a problem as its a litle cheaper and performs better anyway. nvidia really needs to let go of there sli patent to allow intel to make chipsets for them, then sli would be a litle more popular then it is now, and over all we would be alot more pleased. intel has always been knows to build a better chipset.

edit: i agree with you aswell prophet its hard for me to imagine a better board then the maximus, the abit x38quad gt is preaty much a take off of the maximus.

edit: i agree with you aswell prophet its hard for me to imagine a better board then the maximus, the abit x38quad gt is preaty much a take off of the maximus.

Yeah it seems the maximus really pushed the envelope, introducing many new features that most motherboards will now adopt as standards.

People hate on the 680 and 780 because they are nvidia based chipsets and BURN UP way more often than they should. The x38 and p35 are intel based chipsets and are much better when it comes to NOT BURNING UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom