Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My OS Isn't There

NTLDR said:
Well I'm using a Beta of Windows .NET Server, its a first class OS just like Windows XP, I'm not a big Linux fan but I do use it ocassionally (same with UNIX).

So, have you found Windows .NET to be a good replacement to Windows 2000, or like Windows XP (bugs to be worked out)?

And thanks for the welcome guys...very much appreciate it. :)

Re: My OS Isn't There

NTLDR said:
Well I'm using a Beta of Windows .NET Server, its a first class OS just like Windows XP, I'm not a big Linux fan but I do use it ocassionally (same with UNIX).

So, have you found Windows .NET to be a good replacement to Windows 2000, or like Windows XP (bugs to be worked out)?

Re: Re: My OS Isn't There

GeForce said:

Well considering its still in Beta I'd say most of the bugs have been worked out, its got IE6 SP1 built in and all the SP1 patches for Windows XP and is very stable, I've had my laptop running with .NET 3604 (Standard Server) running since: 25 March 2002 (14:42 GMT) and is still running and has yet to crash once.

The CPU as been at a solid 100% all the time I've been up and about (ie from when I get up till when I go to bed) and idling though the night downloading.

I'd say its an excelent replacement for the Windows 2000 Server Family, and as it is likly to still be in Beta till perhaps early next year, this should be one stable OS :D

Re: Re: My OS Isn't There

GeForce said:

Well considering its still in Beta I'd say most of the bugs have been worked out, its got IE6 SP1 built in and all the SP1 patches for Windows XP and is very stable, I've had my laptop running with .NET 3604 (Standard Server) running since: 25 March 2002 (14:42 GMT) and is still running and has yet to crash once.

The CPU as been at a solid 100% all the time I've been up and about (ie from when I get up till when I go to bed) and idling though the night downloading.

I'd say its an excelent replacement for the Windows 2000 Server Family, and as it is likly to still be in Beta till perhaps early next year, this should be one stable OS :D

I use Mac OS 9 primarily ... and sometimes I boot into OS X ...

However, I have Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows NT 4 and Red Hat Linux installed in my Virtual PC! :p

I use Mac OS 9 primarily ... and sometimes I boot into OS X ...

However, I have Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows NT 4 and Red Hat Linux installed in my Virtual PC! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom