which is better sony or asus cd writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberdeception

Solid State Member
guys,
i think i should chunk my sony writer for an asus..
any suggestions..
aslo,
does an 8mb buffer really helps like samsung or a 2mb will be fine?

well,in a country like mine,there's no way i could wait..
anywayz,
for the 8mb buffer,which would be better,sony or asus

Reading an article in CE Magazine, July 2004 Vol. 2 Iss. 7 called "CE Face-Off" pg. 32-36 they suggested the Sony DRU-530A as a stable and fairly priced DVD burner mostly good for burning CDs and Video to DVD. They recommended the Memorex True 8X as being their choice as it performed very good and stable. Those tested included LaCie 8X DVD+/-RW, Memorex True 8X, Plextor PX-708A, Sony DRU-530A, TDK IndiDVD 880N.

I would recommend the Memorex True 8X myself. Good relyable DVD burner. Frankly though, Dual Layer DVD burners are surfacing the market capable of burning 9GB DVDs, why purchase a regular single layer drive?

well,rakesh,
samsung has an inherent optical drive mechanism problem..
and secondly all samsung writers use
variable velocity method on thier drives,
but in asus and sony writers(which i currently have)
they use constant angular velocity system,this means the read and write speed will not differ when the laser goes from the middle of the disk to the end of the disk..

i m not sure whether samsung is a good bet,cant say the same for thier DVD drives also..

Plextor CD writers are among the best. As long as i had the money for them, i wouldn't buy anything but.

For budget CD burners at a fair price, I highly recommend Lite-On burners... i have two of them and they've done me very well 1.5 years and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom