Buzzing Noise from Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

Baseband Member
Whenever I start up a game I get this buzzing noise coming from my computer. It is quite audible and seemed to be coming from the graphics card area; it typically gets louder when the system load is higher. However I don't think it's a graphics card problem anymore as I recently stepped up to a different graphics card, and the noise is still there. Furthermore the noise can be heard through the front audio panel which leads me to believe it might be something on the motherboard making it.

Current system setup:

Intel q6600 g0
Gigabyte DS3R
Crucial 2gb pc6400
8800 GTS 512 (g92)
Creative Xtreme gamer

Here is the sound from the case before I stepped up (when I had the 8800 GTS 640):
crickets.mp3 (rapidshare)

Here is the sound from the case with the 8800 GTS 512:
crickets2.mp3 (rapidshare)

And here is the sound directly from the front audio ports (the beeps at the beginning correspond to maximizing/minimizing windows). Note this sound has been amplified so that it's audible at regular volume levels:
crickets3.mp3 (rapidshare)

I know that the graphics card fan is NOT causing it. I know that the likelyhood that both the GTS 640 and the GTS 512 causing the same noise is slim. So would you think it is a PSU or a motherboard problem?

are you running any other expansion cards in your pc? If so check your fans they might be "dieing" or you might have one of those fans installed that ore temp sensitive hence the more the load the more the heat (like a car) kinda

another way is to take out your fans in your case and individually checking them using a spare psu laying around or the one in your pc. just unplug it from everything and then take the 20 pin or 24 pin and get a paperclip and put it in green and black then rig up a fan connector. thats what i do anyways

sounds alot more harder and idiotic than it really is

A lot of time the northbridge fans are not the best quality Its the little fan on the motherboard if you have one. Just unplug it for a second to see if that is it then shut down and replug it in. Don't do this for long though or you could damage the mobo.

Probably a bad fan. Make sure there are no cables touching any fan blades too. That happened to me once. The cable for the CPU fan was touching the fan blades and little bit and was creating a buzzing noise whenever it was spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom