The Tech Forums Official Crysis [Warhead] GPU Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Tech Forums Official Crysis GPU Benchmark Thread

Well I have an oc'd GT and scored better than that, isnt the GTS 512 supposed to be better?

well merks q6600 was at 3.0 and gts oc same as mine and his overall was 52, so idk if he got lucky or whats wrong.

o well, im not to worried though, i was almost done with the game but gave up...ive been sick so i dont even feel like gaming.
I guess ill try finishing it sometime soo to just get it off my mind.

There's a couple of things.. how many runs did you make of the benchmark? Make sure you do at least 2, because the first run is always the slowest because it has to access the HDD..

Also, Crysis is really not that CPU-intensive, so my 3.0GHz doesn't mean much.

52 fps was a bit lucky, because I still can't hit that exact number, but I'm still above 50 every time I do the benchmark. That run I did, I made sure I had nothing else running in the background, service or process, I had like 24 processes running in total, plus I think I had my ram overclocked with timings of 3-3-3-5 @ 800MHz at the time, not sure what that would've done.

I see you had uTorrent, Internet Explorer and AVG open at the time as well.. make sure to close everything possible.

My score is really not that unrealistic of 512GTS, Guru posted another chart from another forum showing similar results, and mgcook's Ultra does about the same, and we've had almost neck-and-neck results in any benchmark or game where AA and ultra high-res are not a factor.

no KrazyQ that definitely sounds low to me. @ stock you should be getting 43-46fps.

Do you have the nvidia quality control set to performance?

no KrazyQ that definitely sounds low to me. @ stock you should be getting 43-46fps.

Do you have the nvidia quality control set to performance?

Hey, you promised us an update and did not deliver!

Anyway I had mine set to quality...either that or let the program choose...does that make a difference?

Something is wrong with Krazyq's score.......... Try turning off all programs and running the Crysis Benchmark again.

i had int explorer,utorrent,etc running after the benchmark.
I checked nvidia control panel and it was set at let the the 3dapplication decide.
I just set it at performance and ill try again.

Hey, you promised us an update and did not deliver!

Anyway I had mine set to quality...either that or let the program choose...does that make a difference?

yeah sorry :p

Did it now though!!! ***THREAD UPDATED*** :D

hey guys,
i just changed the option in the nvidia control panel to performance. I disabled everything and ran the test.
And my overall bumped to 49.515!!!
I was surprised that the test ended so quick.

So im guessing thats a much better and normal score.
I also had my q6600 @ 3.4 this time so maybe that helped a little.

thank guys!
Hey gur, can you update my score or do i have to post pics up again?
I just ran the test and i got 50.11

my settings:
Q6600 @ 3.4
8800 GTS 512 MB @ 785/1073

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom