Help finding home for a Q6600.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
Hey guys, my brother has a Q6600 (brand new) and he wants to use Vista 64; however, he has a graphics card that requires an AGP slot (X1650PRO 512). He doesn't want to spend much money on the motherboard, as he is on a budget, and he isn't planning to OC any of his components...... Can anyone recommend some decent motherboards that are relatively inexpensive, but can support his CPU/Vista64, and has a AGP slot?

Thx a lot in advance.

i found one.
Newegg.com - ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 LGA 775 VIA PT880 Pro/PT880 Ultra ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

buy why would you have such a good cpu and not want a halfway decent mobo and video card.

Thx a lot, I hope this isn't the same mobo that fried on him 2x......... cause he told me he bought an ASRock mobo, and it fried on him 2x......... not sure why, as he didn't tell me, but he really doesn't want an ASRock mobo after his experience with their mobos. He's on quite the budget, so upgrading GPU or getting a nice MOBO is out of the question for him. I'll give him the link to the ASRock mobo you sent me, and see if he's willing to go for it or not.

Thanx for the replies so far

Alright, after some more talking and convincing, he's going to upgrade to a evGA 8800GTS 320 card, and a new Motherboard!!! :D

Thanx to everyone who replied to this topic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom