USB 2.0 Hard Drive Enclosure problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauford

Beta member
I have a brand new 250 gig Western Digital HD I just had replaced under warranty and bought a USB 2.0 Hard Drive Enclosure to put it in, the problem is that it will only work at USB 1.1. I get the Windows pop-up that says the drive will work better if I plug it into a USB 2.0 port.

I have 2 PC's and they are definately USB 2.0 and it does the same on both PC's. I have 4 other external enclosures that work fine.

I ran a few benchmark tests and it is definately working at 1.1, while the tests show the other drives working at 2.0.

I have checked the enclosure to see if there was any switches to change it to either 1.1 or 2.0 but don't see anything.

The model number of the unit is ET-H3501(USB2.0) and believe it is made by a company called Focus.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Anyone??????

I am going to take this back to the store tomorrow, but I can tell you exactly what they are going to say - my machine, my drivers, my this, my that and I'll be arguing with the guy for hours.

I took a hard drive out of one of my other enclosures (which does work) and put it in the new one, and sure enough, it runs as USB 1.1. So it's not a HD issue. The other drive also works fine in my other enclosure.

I have also tried it on XP and Win3k on two seperate PC's. An IBM Thinkcenter and an HP - both roughly a year old.

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom