Computer Tech Forum, Helpful or Not?

How long do you keep your email in your inbox?

• Email? What's email? Where do I put the postage stamp?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Read Once, then delete

• 1 Week

• 2 Weeks

• 1 Month

• 3 Months

• 6 Months

• 1 year

• Over 1 year

• I never clean out my inbox

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybeans

In Runtime
Please select the catagory your opinion would most likely reside if given the following question:

Have the members of this forum been able to help you with your computer hardware problem? Did they seem knowledgable and eager to help? On a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the best, how would you rate the tech support given by this forum?

Well, I get excited to get on here every day and wanted to know what people thought of our service :)

i didnt vote... if its ona scale of 1 to 5, u should just have #s to select from, instead of catagorys witch dont aply to a lota ppl.

crazybeans said:
Well, I get excited to get on here every day and wanted to know what people thought of our service :)

Well my hope is the same as yours CrazyBeans. But personally, i know there's dozens and dozens of these computer forums spread across the internet. Therefore, it can be difficult to grow the membership for any given forum (due to the competition).

I like it here and that's why i've stayed... been here for a few months now... and i like to participate regularly. But as for 'how knowledgeable' the members are... well i'll put this very delicately.

The mods... very knowledgeable - no doubt.

And the rest of the members, some are just beginners and post a lot of wrong answers. And I do mean wayyyy wrong... LOL. But we do have a fair mix of knowledgeable peeps too. IMHO - we could use some more seasoned IT people or experienced users.

I'll tell you that one of the first forums I ever joined on the net was about 4-5 years ago. I was a total newbie and didnt' even know the difference b/w Win9.x and an NT based OS. But I learned a shitload from that forum...looking back at my time there, i learned from some extremely knowledgeable and seasoned veterans who knew their stuff INSIDE & OUT... and not just about windows... they were knowledgeable in several aspects of computing.

Comparatively, this forum is young. In fact, it started only 2 years ago and several members here are still in their diapers... well maybe not that young but in their teens and still learning the basics.

I'm not necessarily trying to bash the forum in anyway whatsoever, i'm just giving you an honest man's opinion.

Well, I guess I would be classified as "still in my diapers" simply because I only have an A+ certification and have never worked anywhere on computers. Just my own and people I know. I only expect to learn from this forum as you learned from the one you first started participating in.

As far as running the forum... yeah right, I'm like a month into it lol. I just thought I'd do a poll on people who had us help them to see what they thought about the information given to them after posting their thread. That's why it's not just #'s and includes detailed answers that only apply to some members and not all. I'm sure that all of our regulars would rate us with a 5 if it were simply numbers. This gives relativety to each answer so people can make a judgement accordingly. Of course doing it this way takes away from the traditional thought that 3 is the middle option stating that you are neutral on the service. I would consider a neutral opinion to be a 4 probably. That's just my opinion though, hope it makes sense to others too :p

DUDE! if you're A+ certified, put that as part of your siggy. I would if i were you anyway. I passed the OS part recently and i'll be taking the Core part in a month or so.

There, done. Thx for the advice. How far are you in the core area (knowing this will veer the subject from the current thread lol)? The A+ is an easy cert to obtain. I used Michael Meyers' All In One A+ Certification hard cover book. I also bought Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs to use as a knowledge base. It is a very rewarding certification though. I had a blast getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom