Which 8800GTS 512MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Well, if this card is as good as everybody says it is, and if it can play everything except Crysis at 1600 x 1200 with good frame rate....then I am going to sell my X1900XTX and buy one.

Will this card play newer games, with the exception of Crysis at 1600 X 1200
Also, does enabling AA kill the framerates with this card?

Which of the following 8800 GTS 512MB would you personally get?

Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGE88512GTSE GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Newegg.com - XFX PVT88GYDF4 GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N841-A3 GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-NX88S512H-B GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

It will play all games maxed out (and crysis very well) and aa/af doesnt do squat to it. Overclock it and youve got yourself a gtx. Voltmod it and youve got an ultra. Underclock it (stupid lol) and theres a gt.

I love the black pcb, so would pick XFX. Most others would get evga, for the step-up.

It will play all games maxed out (and crysis very well) and aa/af doesnt do squat to it. Overclock it and youve got yourself a gtx. Voltmod it and youve got an ultra. Underclock it (stupid lol) and theres a gt.

I love the black pcb, so would pick XFX. Most others would get evga, for the step-up.

Overclocking enough = you have an ultra. When I had the 8800gts it performed as well as the ultra with my overclocking settings.
Voltmod = past an ultra.

Personally i went with EVGA so -if- something better comes out within 90 days i can step up. If you arent interested in the stepup option i'd go xfx because if yous ell it they still get the lifetime warranty, which will help resell value a little.

Either eVGA or XFX would be a good choice for that video card. Both are great companies with great warranties for the video card. Except that what's bettter about eVGA is that it has the 90 day Step-Up Program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom