Is AMD Now Obsolete?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
one reason to buy an AMD quad vs an intel quad:
servers that have high user loads and applications that are highly memory subsytem dependant. im talking barcelona vs clovertown.

or, you just like amd better than intel. thats a good reason, too. its not like you are buying a donkey instead of a ferrari...its really more like buying a quarter horse instead of a race horse. they both have strengths.
i agree with bennyv. thses threads should just go away.

i agree with bennyv. thses threads should just go away.

All right. All right. From the thread starter himself. Please, no more posts. This is an old thread (old enough) and it needs to get off of the front tech-forums page. However, if you have a really strong position on this subject, I have no right to stop you. I am probably going to go w/ an Intel quad for my gaming pc and the amd for the office. Thanks for the feedback (lol, now it's seven pages) :happy:

ok guys let off the phenom, yes the intel quad outperforms it right now. but look at it, intel has had a major, and I mean a MAJOR headstart on AMD as far as quad cores go. AMD will catch up and sooner or later make a better processor in later models. course then intel is gonna get mad and make a better processor, and the endless intel vs. AMD processors will continue till the end of the age. . .its called competition. think about it, its a good thing. if there was no competition, then chances are thered be one company makin a bunch of crappy processors and wed never know the difference! competition brings quality. :D

I hope AMD catches up... only because i like to pick between two or more companies when i buy... and atm there is really no comparison from what i've read between Intel quadcores and amd quadcores...

amd needs to hurry up and pop out some good hardware

ok guys let off the phenom, yes the intel quad outperforms it right now. but look at it, intel has had a major, and I mean a MAJOR headstart on AMD as far as quad cores go. AMD will catch up and sooner or later make a better processor in later models. course then intel is gonna get mad and make a better processor, and the endless intel vs. AMD processors will continue till the end of the age. . .its called competition. think about it, its a good thing. if there was no competition, then chances are thered be one company makin a bunch of crappy processors and wed never know the difference! competition brings quality. :D

Amen brotha

You're of course assuming AMD won't go bankrupt or get bought out in the mean time? - Its not like AMD and Intel are on an equal financial footing, its possible that this could be the beginning of the end for AMD, I don't think thats likely but its very possible.

actually surprisingly enough AMD seems to still be selling pretty decent. they still make great high quality processors. some may argue with me, but im running 2 amd processors in my two computers (a 1.8 ghz single core turion in my laptop and the 6000+ in my desktop) and both work marvelous. AMD actually has a wider range of good processors well, intel the core 2 duo and quad are really the only high performance ones they have-with the pentium being so-so and the celeron, well hehe it runs cool, thats about the only good thing i can think of it. AMD has its athlon, athlon x2, athlon fx, quadros, phenom. . .wider variety of good processors I think. I am extremely happy with my athlon 6000+ and will not be buying intel for awhile (even though I have nothing against intel) and you will find there are still plenty of die hard AMD fans out there. I dont see them goin bankrupt anytime soon. on top of that, anymore when companies go bankrupt they still stay in business-I mean look at united airlines, and General motors. . .

the new pentium dual cores (allendales) perform excellent.. i don't know who would say otherwise...

i won't say i don't love amd's.. because i really do

from my old 3500+ to my old fx62 they were all great performers

the new pentium dual cores (allendales) perform excellent.. i don't know who would say otherwise...

i won't say i don't love amd's.. because i really do

from my old 3500+ to my old fx62 they were all great performers

dam nosboost, you had all those too? you must go through new parts quicker then you change you underwear lol.

haha i havent had too many cpu's .. most of my stuff was video cards

i've only owned a 3500+, opteron 146, 2 different 3800x2's 939 and am2, and the fx62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom