Attention to all graphic card overclockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Yes I am reviving a subject I once brought up but can no longer find due to the fact that I got a poor number of responses. Anyways I noticed in other forums people used ATI Tool to overclock their Nvidia or ATI Cards ( and I did as well ). However my card dissapointingly cannot go over an hour at 612/1000 without getting a delta or an error ( timer reset ) in the ATI Scan for artifact mode.

More surprising however is I found out a lot of people who overclocked their graphic cards to far beyond levels then I, only tested their card for 10 minutes in the artifact test or didn't test it at all ( many expressed interest of not caring ). So I began to wonder...exactly how many 8800 GTXs or other cards of similar caliber can overclock to high levels and still pass more then an hour of ATI Tool artifact test ( at sensitivity set the highest ). Responses?

Hey Gabb,

I ran my 8800GTS 512 with ATITool for a bit over an hour without any errors detected. My GPU is overclocked at 750/1000, and I haven't tried to clock any higher, as many people told me that 750/1000 is a mild/stable overclock for a 24/7 user like me. I overclocked it with Rivatuner.

Hey Gabb,

I ran my 8800GTS 512 with ATITool for a bit over an hour without any errors detected. My GPU is overclocked at 750/1000, and I haven't tried to clock any higher, as many people told me that 750/1000 is a mild/stable overclock for a 24/7 user like me. I overclocked it with Rivatuner.

did you do it with the sensitivity bar slided all the way to most sensitive? ( found on ATI Tool options ). Also what was your max temp achieved?

Thanks again for the input, out of 22 people only 1 replied so far :p

Hey Gabb,

I'm using ATITool 0.27, and I never knew there was a sensitivity setting........... where exactly can I find it?

Where do I click to set it at max sensitivity? I have no ATI Tool option..........

I'm really curious how I will do with the sensitivity on highest.

My max temp so far is 66C

Hey Gabb,

I'm using ATITool 0.27, and I never knew there was a sensitivity setting........... where exactly can I find it?

Where do I click to set it at max sensitivity? I have no ATI Tool option..........

I'm really curious how I will do with the sensitivity on highest.

My max temp so far is 66C

It's a little slider in the options menu under "artifact scanning". But i'm using .26, is .27 beta?

As for the original question, the longest I tested with the artifact scanner was like 10 minutes. I've been playing Bioshock, Crysis, and Gears of War without any artifacting. And this is for hours at a time. That's how I test it.

There is no option menu under "Artifact Scanning"............ Yes, 0.27 is beta. I'm going to uninstall 0.27b and install 0.26, and I'll let you know how long until I run into errors.

*** UPDATE ***

Ok, I installed 0.26, but same thing, I can not find the sensitivity option you are talking about.

My options are: Find Max Core, Find Max Mem, Scan for Artifacts, Show 3D View; and that's it......... if I click "Scan for Artifacts", the only difference I see is the "Abort" option.........

There is no option menu under "Artifact Scanning"............ Yes, 0.27 is beta. I'm going to uninstall 0.27b and install 0.26, and I'll let you know how long until I run into errors.

*** UPDATE ***

Ok, I installed 0.26, but same thing, I can not find the sensitivity option you are talking about.

My options are: Find Max Core, Find Max Mem, Scan for Artifacts, Show 3D View; and that's it......... if I click "Scan for Artifacts", the only difference I see is the "Abort" option.........

There should be a settings button on the lower right corner ( using 0.26 ) after you hit that go to the drop down menu of Artifact scanning and you'll see it

It's a little slider in the options menu under "artifact scanning". But i'm using .26, is .27 beta?

As for the original question, the longest I tested with the artifact scanner was like 10 minutes. I've been playing Bioshock, Crysis, and Gears of War without any artifacting. And this is for hours at a time. That's how I test it.

Well duh I play Crysis, COD4, etc and I obviously don't get any visible artifacts. Only when your GPU is artifacting hardcore can you actually notice it in games. Thats why theres benchmark and tests which are far more sensitive.

I use Catalyst to overclock. BF2 and COD4 both crash on me if I overclock with ATITool or RivaTuner.

Go figure.

Well duh I play Crysis, COD4, etc and I obviously don't get any visible artifacts. Only when your GPU is artifacting hardcore can you actually notice it in games. Thats why theres benchmark and tests which are far more sensitive.

Why is that obvious? You're worried about artifacts when your gaming is fine...why are you worried about it then? If it does what you use it for safely, why are you worried about a benchmark? Or would you rather play benchmarks than games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom