cm stacker 830 fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my expereience:

I ordered 8 of these: Newegg.com - APEVIA CF12SL-UBL 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Retail

I removed the the two fans that came in the case, and also the 120mm that came in my Tuniq Tower 120. I did the following:

One Fan up front as intake, three on side as intake (Tuniq won't allow all four), one up top as exhaust, one in Tuniq blowing towards rear, and one in the rear as exhaust. Once I get the bracket or whatever you need, I'll mount my 8th up front behind some of the 5.25" bay. At 3.00ghz, my cores idle at 30C.

So the Tuniq doesn't fit in the stacker with all 4 fans? Man, that sucks. I'm planning on getting that case but I might get a different HSF so I can fit a 4th fan. It would look silly having LED fans in there and one corner empty, wouldn't it

btw, since you have 4 intakes on the side, wouldn't it be better to have rear exhaust, top exhaust, and front exhaust?

it doesnt look that bad only having 3 side fans, and for the amount of cooling you get out of a tuniq tower/ thermalright extreme its definitly worth it.

the reason its useless to have the top fan as an exhaust is because its too far away from the components that generate heat. Having it as an exhaust would just pull out cool air that the side fans bring in. Having it as an intake fan allows more cooling for the RAM. Same goes for the front intake. Its better to have a powerful exhaust fan to create negative pressure within the case enhancing the airflow.

One Fan up front as intake, three on side as intake (Tuniq won't allow all four), one up top as exhaust, one in Tuniq blowing towards rear, and one in the rear as exhaust.
the reason its useless to have the top fan as an exhaust is because its too far away from the components that generate heat. Having it as an exhaust would just pull out cool air that the side fans bring in. Having it as an intake fan allows more cooling for the RAM.

You should have an equal number CFM of intake and exhaust, too many intakes and you're creating high pressure which lower the CFM of all the intake fans, right? I think having the top an exhaust would allow the air coming in to flow through the case gathering heat on it's way up and out.... blowing in is just working against the side fans, I think.

Basically the 4 fans blowing in from the side (or 3) hit the motherboard in the face, and then go every which way, left, right, up but can't go down. Therefore I think front top and rear should all be exhaust, so 3 exhaust and 3 or 4 intake

you all forget that cold air goes down and stays down and the hot air will rise, so all the cool air will do is sit at the botom of teh case till it heats up then will get sucked out, you need to have a good balance with the intakes and exaust, just try makign a map of the air flow and figure otu what would work best, what you have so far sounds preaty good to me.

Anyone tried the crossflow fan out? I don't like the idea of 6 fans as intake and one as an exhaust. Also don't forget about the psu exhausting air too. I'm going to do 5 intake and top,rear and psu for exhaust.

I have 3 on the side as intake, front intake, back exaust and top exaust. Nothings over clocked right now so my temps are pretty dang low. Oh yeah and my tuniq blows the air to the back.

How close are you to being able to fit the 4th fan in with the Tuniq in your CM Stacker 830? I mean how much shorter would the tuniq need to be to be able to fit the 4th fan in?

I'm thinking it might be worth going with a nearly-as-good cpu hsf that is a bit shorter than the tuniq to let the 4th fan in?

Tuniq Tower 120 = 153.5mm tall
ZALMAN CNPS9700 = 143mm tall
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm = 126.5mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom