Beast Fried, Building MUCH more powerful, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried different hard drives and stuff like that? You don't even know if it's your motherboard causing the problem. That's an awful lot of money to throw at something you're not even sure about. Try and narrow it down to what's exactly causing the problem and if it is your motherboard then build a new system if you like.

i'm going to buy an x38 board, sell 1 GTS and stick with a single card configuration, or maybe even go crossfire when the x2's come out.
How can you go crossfire with 2 nVidia video cards they can only go sli or 2 in standalone you cant crossfire nVidia video cards crossfire is for ATI dude.

well technically you can there are special hacked drivers you can fidn, but you gain even less performence then you allready do with regular sli.

well i don't know if i'd call it Crossfire, but yeah you can Crossfire/Sli two nvidia cards on a intel chipset. i've done it on my board and it works just fine, but i never really looked into a scaling difference. heck my board came with an sli bridge... but no driver support lol.

also casefog he was probably referring to the 3870 x2's...

Actually, I've changed my mind and want to grab the Maximus, new water cooling stuff, and the QX9650. This rig will still put me at the top of the 3DMark06 List... Plus it has a lot of future upgradability, supporting DDR3 and PCI-e 2. and stuff.

If it's release is February then I'll get that, but I don't plan to do anything with my video card accept water cool it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom